Subject: Choosing Action Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
First, we're enjoying the game immensely... however, the section on Action Cards in the rulebook is a bit skimpy.

- How do we choose action cards?
- Who goes first?
- Why are there "blue" band cards and "green" band cards? I can't figure out any rhyme or reason to this.
- Anything else missing (asking Jerry & the experienced players for help here)?

Thanks - again, it's a great game that has a wonderful feel... and may well talk me into buying Mice & Mystics if it every gets back into print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Liu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unofficially, if I were to give an "official" rule, I'd say give each player the cards that they could select, and then have them select 7 cards in secret. If you count the cards, you will notice that there are exactly enough cards in the box that each player can take whichever ones they want without conflict, i.e. there is 1 copy of each card that is somehow limited the mice or the rats, but there are 2 copies of each card that could be drafted by either side.

In practice, though, I just grab the cards that I like for my strategy without really paying attention to what my opponent is doing, but I play more casually.

Blue cards are for your birds and Green cards are for your heroes/pilots.

I don't know what else might be missing, but feel free to post follow up questions!

And I'd certainly encourage you to get Mice and Mystics! As you probably know, it's a completely different game, but wonderful in its own way. And, of course, getting to use official miniatures for the other unit cards is fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.