Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Russell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are your perspectives on game balance? I'm not talking about anything overwhelming. I know that all of the factions have a reasonable chance at winning, and no one faction drastically overpowers the others or is drastically under-powered.

Still, do you feel it is perfectly balanced, 25%/25%/25%/25%? Do you feel the game balance favors one or more factions?

In my experience, the syndicate has done slightly better than the other factions, but I've never played a full four player game, so some of that could be skewed by bot behavior.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Government has a harder time winning, generally speaking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the government's odds get worse as the game goes on, and conversely easier for the J26 the longer the game goes.

The Directorio have a pretty even shot all along, and the syndicate has the most straightforward odds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
I find the government's odds get worse as the game goes on, and conversely easier for the J26 the longer the game goes.

The Directorio have a pretty even shot all along, and the syndicate has the most straightforward odds.

I completely agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gov does generally lose momentum as funding from the US decays, so there is that.

One other factor is the randomness of the events, which make it hard to say anyone had a steady chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
I was in this prematurely air-conditioned super market and there were all these aisles and there were all these bathing caps that you could buy which had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the Government does well if it can prevent any winners after 4 prop rounds. Then, as long as their forces are in position, they can splurge all their income on Civic Actions to move into the lead.

J26 has this option too, of course, but with fewer pieces it's a little bit harder. Saying that, syndicate can put themselves in a good position to win post-4th prop too.

If I'm playing Syndicate, I'm usually just trying to stop a winner for 4 props, restrict the Gov a bit during the 4th campaign and wait for the money to roll in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.