Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Parish
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Below are a few questions that I am wondering about if anyone attending the FFG Flight Report at Gen Con gets any answer please let us know.

Having preordered the game and looking forward to the release, I have downloaded the app to check it out and I'll be reading over the rules so that I can get the game to the table as soon as I have it in my hands. The original is one of my favorite games I have the base game, both expansions and all the print on demand scenarios. Sadly it doesn't get to the table as often as I'd like because of set up time, here's hopping the second edition deals with this.

My favorite thing about the original game is the stories the current app has only four scenerios and I am aware that the way these play will be slightly different each time because of how the tiles come out but it is doubtful the main story will change.

Are there any plans to add the scenerios from the original mansions to the app?

How often will new scenerios be added?

Will the tiles, monsters and characters be the only things used from the original game? As someone who is heavily invested in this franchise I would simply like to get the most bang for my buck.

Any chance of adding voice to the story parts of the app? Perhaps Eric Summerer, his work on the dead of winter app and one night franchise is great.

I'll leave my questions there again any information made available at Gen Con would be much appreciated. Thanks you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
As someone who is heavily invested in this franchise

Sure. Then why didn't you just read the announcements by FGG? Most of your questions are clearly answered in those texts. Nontheless:

Re3nforcer wrote:
Any chance of adding voice to the story parts of the app? Perhaps Eric Summerer, his work on the dead of winter app and one night franchise is great.

Wouldn't that be rather an annoyance at the gaming-table? At the ratio narrative text emerges in the app, I for myself would be very annoyed and no talking would be possible at the gaming-table. Every five seconds or so the app would go: "You see a stack of old yadda yadda yadda ..."

But sure, why not make it an option? Contra: Voice acting is veeeeeeeery expensive.

Quote:
How often will new scenerios be added?

Every five seconds, but that's just my hopeful guess.

Quote:
Are there any plans to add the scenerios from the original mansions to the app?

No and very unlikely as they're not designed for playing with an app.

Quote:
Will the tiles, monsters and characters be the only things used from the original game?

As stated numerous times: yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Parish
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay thank you for the reminder about why I rarely visit these forums, it's people like yourself and those that liked your post being so welcoming to new individuals that help our wonderful community grow.

I in fact did read FFGs initial announcement as I stated this is one of my favorite franchises and I was excited to hear new content was coming. I however was not aware that they had released two more news articles going over the conversion kit as well as the app, thank you for being these to my attention.

As face as the voice acting inquiry, sound is optional in the app this feature would be as well. I stated it would be a nice feature for key story elements like people you encounter or for those times in the original game that the keeper would read the text, giving it a similar feel. As far as the cost company's without fantasy flights pedigree have utilized voice actors/actresses in similar ways and still made a profit.

The scenerio question is something that will most likely be answered during FFG's panel which is why I asked it with the original game individuals could make their own scenerios and share them with the world, some clarification on how much support the app will receive would be nice for perspective buyers.

They have content from the first edition do you not think it would be easier to convert this content to be used with the app rather than creating a scenerio from scratch? Also they used quite a few of HP Lovecrafts more famous stories in first edition would hate to not see them in this new edition.

Thanks go it.

In the future please remember if you do not have anything constructive to add to the conversation refrain from posting just to get your post count up. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
You're welcome. Sorry if I was sounding too harsh, it was more in a cynical vein. No offence meant. I'm new to this community(mostly for Descent) and consider myself in no way as a BGG-elitist.

I hope, we both can enjoy this marvelous game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exilfranke wrote:
You're welcome. Sorry if I was sounding too harsh, it was more in a cynical vein. No offence meant. I'm new to this community(mostly for Descent) and consider myself in no way as a BGG-elitist.

But you did offend, and that's a common problem with lots of posts in BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
Amersham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
Exilfranke wrote:

But you did offend, and that's a common problem with lots of posts in BGG.

I agree offensive posting is an all-too common problem on BGG with too many would be comedians going for a quick and cheap laugh. But Jay apologised and IMO that should be an end to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

More to the point: how do I become a BGG-elitist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Re3nforcer wrote:

They have content from the first edition do you not think it would be easier to convert this content to be used with the app rather than creating a scenerio from scratch?

Easier, yes, but they'd also be limiting their market as people who had already played those scenarios would be less interested in doing them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Parish
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
Re3nforcer wrote:

They have content from the first edition do you not think it would be easier to convert this content to be used with the app rather than creating a scenerio from scratch?

Easier, yes, but they'd also be limiting their market as people who had already played those scenarios would be less interested in doing them again.

I didn't mean as an expansion to purchase just as something to implement on the app easily while they are working on an expansion. Hopefully the apps algorithm has something similar to the keepers choices to give a bit of replayability. This would also depend on whether the scenerios can be done with the new tiles sets so that those without the first edition can benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re3nforcer wrote:
Deano2099 wrote:
Re3nforcer wrote:

I didn't mean as an expansion to purchase just as something to implement on the app easily while they are working on an expansion. Hopefully the apps algorithm has something similar to the keepers choices to give a bit of replayability. This would also depend on whether the scenerios can be done with the new tiles sets so that those without the first edition can benefit.

It really wouldn't be that easy. It would be a choice between working on a new expansion OR implementing the old scenarios in the app (because that's basically implementing an expansion anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren T.
United States
Dallas/Ft. Worth area
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really hoping that if the Dunwich Horror gets in the new edition with a miniature, that they redo it to where many of the legs are on a single base that attaches to the black plastic base. Curious to get this edition to see it in action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.