$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22.5% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
The subject says it. Is there some convenient way in which nationalities or forces could be divvied up to make a 3-player scenario worthwhile?

Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be hard to do given the small size of the game (not territory wise)

The small number of units.

It might be possible to split the Soviet forces into two separate entities, possibly by theatre.

Another possibility, although it would require some rule development, would be to create a "third power" out of the neutral nations in the region.

Three player is much easier to do in Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Well, it can't hurt to ask - how would you do it with the Germany game alone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
M St wrote:
Well, it can't hurt to ask - how would you do it with the Germany game alone?

Germany alone, I would split either the Pact into two groups like north Germany and South Germany, giving Austria/Yugoslavia/Italy ops to South.

or break up the NATO command by country or corps, rather than AO.
It might be easier to do with NATO than the Pact.

If you tack on Southern Front, the pact could be split into Central Europe and Balkan operational fronts. Same for NATO in that sense.

How have you ended up with a three player game, by the way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks!

The reason it ended up with 3 is just that among the people I play with there is a relatively stable constellation (time/geography wise) that tends to be able to make particular days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
How my group does it:
Player 1: NATO -- US, Turkey, and whatever allies come on board
Player 2: WP -- USSR and whatever allies come on board
Player 3: Iran and any countries that are uncommitted at the beginning of the hot war.

Players 1 and 2 would array all of their diplomacy cards face down, remove four they wanted to keep, and then the Iranian player would pick four from each pile as his/her diplo cards.

Plus, we had a die roll on Afghanistan, whether it would stick with the Soviets, go neutral, or join Iran. One of my friends made three chits but we liked the die roll.

Was it historical? Not even close. But it was fun. Crazy too.

Now, this was when we played the PG by itself.

I'm sure there are better, more historical ways to play it three-player, but, well, we tended to drink a lot of beer when we played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.