United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Each player now receives a number of Sanity tokens
equal to his investigator’s Sanity value and a number of
Stamina tokens equal to his investigator’s Stamina
value.

These values are listed on each investigator sheet.
Each player should place these tokens near the appropriate
area on his sheet

The first part would suggest you include bonuses from starting cards, but then it goes on to clarify what a value is which would suggest you don't.

I've assumed this is poor wording and that you do include starting card bonuses when collecting starting stamina and sanity. It would seem odd to me for example that you can start with Duke (+1 max sanity) yet not have sanity equivalent to your max.

Am I cheating, or am I playing it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mb
You have got exactly the number of Stamina/Sanity that printed on investigator's sheet. So, no bonuses for starting value (but penalties for max values still applys), even if you have +X max Stamina/Sanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. Don't have a relevant rule passage here, but I am pretty sure that you do get your stamina/sanity filled to the current max at game start. You don't when gaining such a card later in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This from the FFG forums:

Quote:
In official answers from Kevin Wilson, he says:

1. "Ashcan" Pete has printed Sanity of 4 and the Ally Duke as a fixed possession. Is his starting Sanity 4 or 5? His maximum is 5 with Duke, but does he get the extra point at the start of the game?

Pete's max at the start of the game is 5, but he starts with 4 Sanity. Duke only increases the max, he does not give you an extra point of Sanity.

But that is followed immediately by

"I invoke the rarely-exercised power of decision reversal. You DO get the extra Sanity when starting the game with Duke, and the FAQ will reflect that when updated.

My apologies for the confusion.

-Kevin Wilson "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.