Blitz! A World in Conflict» Forums » Rules

Subject: [newbie] return to base question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ipo Orsus
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, in the section 4.1 return to base, I got some problems understanding the folowing sentence:

"Check for each of your units at sea. If there is no base within range where it could return to base, then your unit must return to base at the closest land area where it can stack."

Does it means that I can return to base to bases that are not in range of the unit?

Please some clarifications are required !

Thanx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

Yes, in that case, your naval may (must!) return to base, but it is allowed to do so at a longer distance than its printed movement.

Every warship could sail farther than its movement. That's why the naval rebase is allowed (at triple range). The movement figure is its "effective range" at which it would be most useful for fighting. If simply transferring from base to base (rebase) or seeking safe harbor when its prior port has been taken (the rule you cite), ships could sail more than their printed range.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave c
msg tools
Yeah that wording threw me at first as well until I realized that the printed movement factor on the counter can be thought of as radius of operations from a friendly port, hence the need to return to port prior to moving out to new sea area instead of continuing movement into new sea areas which could potentially take you out of range to the nearest friendly port. Once you're out of your radius for normal operations from a friendly port, as Dave said you need to return immediately to the nearest friendly port that you can stack in to return to normal operations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ipo Orsus
France
flag msg tools
mb
It helps ! thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.