4) Catapult - Animals are each fired from a catapult with the same force over a lake and they are ranked by the distance they are fired
This is horrible. Just horrible. I feel sad for those animals. Not sure about this at all.
What about if the animals had to build the catapult first?
5) Digging A Hole - Animals must dig a hole one metre deep in damp English soil as quickly as possible
Ah...I didn't notice this was under here when I suggested a digging event earlier. Definitely a keeper, but I don't think you need to specify that it is english soil.
6) Distance moved by player - Animals are sedated and must be moved as far as possible in thirty seconds by their human players
Amusing. Both this and the Catapult one are largely to help out the smaller animals I see.
What about having one animal find and carry back an unconscious member of it's own species? You could call it "Search and Rescue"?
7) Dodgeball - Animals all start within a marked square with sides of length five times the longest dimension of all competing animals. The human players stand around the edge and throw tennis balls at the other players' animals, with animals leaving the square when hit.
Good. Although I almost feel like this should go under speed.
8) Hide and seek - Animals are all based inside a large stately home. Human players take it in turns to seek once each, with opposing animals having 15 minutes to find a hiding place. The total time avoiding detection by all seekers is scored.
Such a cool event. Love it.
9) Increasing gradient - Animals are lined up on a large flat surface, suspended over a lake. The surface tips up at a speed of 1 degree per second. Animals must hold on as long as possible (to a maximum of 360 secs). The event selector can choose of what material the playing surface is made.
I like the idea, but again feel it is too far removed from reality. What about just a 'rock-climbing' event (no flying allowed).
10) Tree climbing - Animals must climb a 50-metre-tall English fir tree as quickly as possible.
Similar to rock climbing that I just suggested, not sure if both are required.
How about a tree-felling event?
Other technical events I'd like to see ;
- something to test fine motor skills such as classic games Jenga or Operation (or something similar if you're not allowed to use those).