Mega Civilization» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: Mega Civilization - Short Game - San Antonio - August 20th rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Jennings
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Okay, this month I'll be hosting a short game (starts on Turn 11, possibly over by turn 15 everyone starts with 5 cities and some techs). I know there is less of a turnaround this time so please get the RSVP's in fast if you can. Ideally will get a big game going. Short games tend to be hours shorter than the long games.

Civilization selections will be randomized as usual, also order that people show up will determine when you draw for your game starting tech cards. This time though when you show up you can pick three of the available tech cards and will shuffle them and then you draw from those three. This way people won't get (if their on time) navy heavy tech cards for a Civilization that doesn't have water access and also we can reward people for being on time--which is good for getting things going faster so I'm all for that. I'll be drawing from my three 10 minutes before game is scheduled to start so that should keep me balanced on the tech drawing.

As usual I'll be cooking so you can bring stuff and/or contribute $5 (suggested) for whatever dinner option(s) I end up cooking this particular time.

http://bg.teacupdragonpublishing.com/MegaCiv/
Definitely worth a look for all non-android users to keep track of your techs and bonuses. For android users download the free mcivtool app to keep track.

If anyone needs to crash (drive in the night before) from out of town let me know. I have some friends hosting a regular game night that day also so there's stuff to do that Friday as well. Not sure on the numbers yet but guessing will get a double figures crowd. I'm on the NW Side of San Antonio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://tdpub.net/bg/MegaCiv is a little less typing (it's a redirect). I haven't done much with the app in a while but I'm always open to feedback.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jennings
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks for the updated link. It seems to work well. I usually use it in conjunction with the android app. Seems like the main thing is you have to remember to assign your techs and use library when you get it if you can.

Also for updates about San Antonio Mega Civilization games be sure to check here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MegaCivilizationSA/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another suggestion... there's a QPC code at the bottom of the web app which you can print out and let people scan to save typing if you want. Anyway, sorry for threadjacking and thanks for hosting the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jennings
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Yea we've used that on site before, it's helpful :-). I was just pasting an email though that I sent out on here so don't think I can directly put QR code in there unless an attachment but I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.