Subject: 6 Tables of Scythe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the delivery of Scythe during the last week, 3 members of our games club brought their collectors edition to the weekly gaming evening.
After asking who wanted to play, we built up all 3 games for a total of 14 players.
Because all wanted to play the big board we had to put together 2 tables for each game, the non scythe players had to fetch spare tables from a storage room.
We haven't had 3 copies of a game, not even owned by the club, played at the same time since TM was new.
The explanation time was quite short, only problem was that some players didn't understand their objectives because of not being so fluent in english.
Will have to print out some german translation till next week.
During the game the only issue was crossing rivers without riverwalk ability. The map is beautiful but for people with limited vision in a hall with inadequate lighting it leads to errors.
After two hours of play with nobody having placed more than 2 stars there was some mumbling if that game would take all night long.
Then Crimea started fighting and had his missing 4 stars within 3 rounds by winning 2 battles (against me), completing an objective and entlisting his last recruit.
Nobody else had more than 3 stars and he thought he crushed us. After counting our coins he was quite disapointed to come in 4th of 5 players.
He had little money, no popularity, built no structures and occupied only 4 hexes for a total of 45 points.
I won the game playing Rusviet with 72 points by spreading out the last two turns to occupy tmost terretory including the factory, which I took early and never was attacked there.
The second placed Polonia (47 pts) and the Rusviet were the only two factions that managed to get second level of popularity while all others stayed on the lowest level.
Nordic came in third scoring 45 pts, they had it all set up to get there 3 missing stars out, push up their popularity and occupieng more terrain within the next two rounds the game finished a little too soon for them.
Saxony never got into the game and scored only 37 points. They were massively blocked by Crimea until Crimea attacked the Rusviets.
It was the third game of Scythe for my girlfriend (Nordic) and me, having already played a 5 player game on Saturday and a two player game on Sunday.
The rest played for the first time and all enjoyed it and want to play again next week.
The highest score of all three games was 75.
The coins and realistic resources were praised by all players as well as the convinient boxes for the resources and player mats with slots.
The German version is now the top priority for game aquisitions by the club in Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.