BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Walmart has a strategy game bundle for sale rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Pow
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Has anyone seen this...Walmart has a strategy game bundle for sale.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/52910793
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamingcheesehead wrote:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/52910793

That's actually a great bundle of some very interesting games -- not at all what I was expecting to see in a Walmart "hot deal":

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
That bundle is $139.97. Here are the games, and their prices currently at CoolStuffInc:

Sheriff of Nottingham - $22.99
Kill Doctor Lucky - $26.49
Castle Panic - $22.99
Lanterns - $22.99
One Night Vampire - $16.49
Chez Goth - $12.99
Chez Cthulhu - Not Available from CSI, but available elsewhere for $20.36.

Total comes to $145.30. So if you want this specific bundle, go ahead and save five bucks..keeping in mind that Walmart will charge you sales tax.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
CasualSax wrote:
...keeping in mind that Walmart will charge you sales tax.

And they're making you buy Chez Cthulhu and Chez Goth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan P
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, it's likely that if the games in the bundle appeal to you, you already own one or two... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smithwick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't priced all of them out, but I think you could get most of these together for at that price or lower on CSI or MM or CH. Might be prudent to check especially if there is something in there you don't want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it is nice to see walmart is selling a game bundle filled with games that are relatively recent. Kinda gives me hope seeing a bundle like that rather than chess checkers and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Heyman
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While this may not be a very good priced bundle, I for one am glad to see items like this and the new Target exclusive games pop up. They may come up short of what many of us expect, but in my eyes it is the start of retailers seeing our lifestyle/hobby as something that is growing and not just a fad. In the long run, I think we will really benefit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mafman6 wrote:
it is nice to see walmart is selling a game bundle filled with games that are relatively recent. Kinda gives me hope seeing a bundle like that rather than chess checkers and so on.

brandonheyman wrote:
While this may not be a very good priced bundle, I for one am glad to see items like this and the new Target exclusive games pop up. They may come up short of what many of us expect, but in my eyes it is the start of retailers seeing our lifestyle/hobby as something that is growing and not just a fad. In the long run, I think we will really benefit!

These!

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
gamingcheesehead wrote:

hi travis

welcome to BGG and I believe your 1st hot deals post. I would just like to suggest you read the thread that's pinned to this forum

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1417183/what-hot-deal

for suggestions of what to include in a hot deals post and it's subject... while you may not want to include the list of games in the subject, at least put the price in the subject and number of games in the bundle. I would also suggest in the base post to include the list of games

imho ymmv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
And they're making you buy Chez Cthulhu and Chez Goth.

My thoughts exactly, and I actually like Chez Geek.

Orion328 wrote:
I haven't priced all of them out, but I think you could get most of these together for at that price or lower on CSI or MM or CH.

ninja'd

JeffyJeff wrote:
hi travis
imho ymmv

Oh, look, it's JeffyJeff. Didn't see that one coming....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
gamingcheesehead wrote:

hi travis

welcome to BGG and I believe your 1st hot deals post. I would just like to suggest you read the thread that's pinned to this forum

for suggestions of what to include in a hot deals post and it's subject... while you may not want to include the list of games in the subject, at least put the price in the subject and number of games in the bundle. I would also suggest in the base post to include the list of games

imho ymmv

Hi Travis, welcome to BGG. Ignore JeffyJeff, he's just the resident self-appointed hot deals forum police. shake

The bundle actually looks surprisingly good for a Walmart deal. Thanks for posting it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
GoldenGirl wrote:

Hi Travis, welcome to BGG. Ignore JeffyJeff, he's just the resident self-appointed hot deals forum police. shake

You're not part of the Hot Deals forum until you've been JeffyJeff'd, its a rite of passage.

Why isn't there a micro badge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
gamingcheesehead wrote:

hi travis

imho ymmv
The advice was particularly friendly. He likes you. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Rush
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something to note: While the fella up there has priced it correctly versus other sites, this bundle also includes One Night Ultimate Werewolf: Bonus Pack 2, Castle Panic: Any Color Hero Promo, Sheriff of Nottingham: Gen Con Promo Set, and Sheriff of Nottingham: Prince John's Sword Promo Card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Montego
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
CasualSax wrote:
That bundle is $139.97. Here are the games, and their prices currently at CoolStuffInc:

Castle Panic - $22.99
Lanterns - $22.99
Chez Goth - $12.99

Total comes to $145.30. So if you want this specific bundle, go ahead and save five bucks..keeping in mind that Walmart will charge you sales tax.

CSI doesn't charge sales tax?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
corbinmontego wrote:
CasualSax wrote:

Castle Panic - $22.99
Lanterns - $22.99
Chez Goth - $12.99

They do if you are in the same state as them I believe. If you are out of state they do not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
corbinmontego wrote:

Technically no one "charges" sales tax. It's not their choice and it's not money they get. Businesses are required by law to collect it on your behalf and forward it to the state. If they are not subject to the laws of a particular state, typically by having a physical "nexus" there, then they have no legal obligation to collect sales tax and typically do not. Note that this does not change any personal obligation you may have to pay the tax on your purchases to your own state (which most states require you to disclose on your taxes though this is obviously vastly under-reported).

CSI being located solely in Florida, they won't collect sales tax from anyone outside there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Neat.

I hope some random non-hobby gamers grab this pack and discover a whole new world. Unless they play the Chez games first, in which case they will go back to Risk and Clue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Happymrdave wrote:
corbinmontego wrote:
CasualSax wrote:

Castle Panic - $22.99
Lanterns - $22.99
Chez Goth - $12.99

They do if you are in the same state as them I believe. If you are out of state they do not.

Also, those prices were ignoring their customer loyalty program. So even for Florida residents its likely a wash. Not to mention I bet they would match Walmart's price if you emailed customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else find it a bit odd that someone would create a new account to post this?

Does this happen a lot in the Hot Deals forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Does anyone else find it a bit odd that someone would create a new account to post this?

Sometimes, sure. I don't create an account on websites unless I have some specific need to. If he's just been using BGG for informational purposes he would have no need for an account until he saw something he wanted to post about.

I don't think Wal-mart is hiring people to shill very specific niche product bundles on niche web sites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan P
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe he's been on the geek for a while but just re-registered to get a new username or something.

Basically yeah, doubt there's any villainous conspiracy going on. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:

Sometimes people register just so they can post something and be helpful. I can't imagine Walmart gives a crap about the really small percentage of gamers on this site compared to the amount of people that buy from them, especially not enough to pay someone to promote their sale. Probably just a nice guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Barlow
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
Neat.

I hope some random non-hobby gamers grab this pack and discover a whole new world. Unless they play the Chez games first, in which case they will go back to Risk and Clue.

A whole new woooooorrrld!

I hate that song and now it's stuck in my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.