48.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While some are screaming cash grab and others are screaming terrible art, this looks pretty sweet to me for what it is. Cathala always delivers in these small games and I'm on board.

So there's 35 characters among 7 families and Varys. Plus 6 more hired hands. Let's fill the roster.

EDIT1: Extra pic on BGG confirms Rhaegar and Joffrey

I'm working under the assumption that since the families are different sizes, they're actually ALL different sizes. 2-3-4-5-6-7-8 =35

So this is going to be whats visible in the preview , whats probably in the preview but unclear, most likely suspects for the missing slots and (other choices).

EDIT3: With more probable house numbers.

Varys

Tullys: 2 Hoster (Blackfish? Edmure?)

Tyrells: 3 Olenna Margeary and Loras

Baratheons 4 Robert Stannis Renly (Melisandre? Davos?)

Targaryens: 5 Aerys Dany Rhaegar Viserys (Drogon? Jorah? FAegon?)

Lannisters: 6 Tywin Cersei Joffrey Tyrion Jaime (Kevan? Lancel? Tommen/Myrcella?)

Greyjoys: 7 Euron Theon Damphair Asha Victarion Balon (and literally who?)

Starks: 8? Ned Catelyn Robb Sansa Bran Arya Jon (Rickon? Benjen? Wolves? Lyanna? )

Other: 614: Sandor Drogo Ramsay Jaqen Hodor Littlefinger Jorah Sam Bronn Davos/Mel/Brienne Barristan (Grey Worm, Shae, Mance, Gregor, Ygritte, Jeor, Gendry, 3eyedRaven, Illyrio, Hot Pie!)

Edit2: 6 in play, but 14 in the box.

Comments:

Why do the Tullys exist? There's only even 2 possibilities besides Hoster.

The Tyrells at least are more relevant even though only 3 of them ever matter. Mace is the only other possibility.

The Baratheon brothers all being one faction is always odd. But who is 4th Melisandre, Davos, Gendry?

Since Aerys is one of the Targaryen cards, it makes the most sense for Rhaegar and Viserys to be the others. But since Lyanna probably isn't in the game, why would Rhaegar be? Also, how does Jorah fit?

Pretty sure 5 of the Lannisters are locks. And enough good choices for 6.

If Euron and Damphair are both in the game, Victarion HAS to be. And Theon assures Asha. Balon is 6, but where do you find a 7th Greyjoy?

I would assume Jon is a lock, unless there's going to be an eventual Wall expansion with Jon, Sam and more. And Rickon is the most obvious 8th Stark.

Anyone else want to brainstorm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:

I think I saw a Catelyn on one of the cards (thought it was Sansa first but the part of the name I saw indicated Catelyn instead) so she would probably be one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ovis wrote:
stevelabny wrote:

I think I saw a Catelyn on one of the cards (thought it was Sansa first but the part of the name I saw indicated Catelyn instead) so she would probably be one.

She's definitely one. All the bolded names on my post are definitely in the preview on FFG's page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:

I REALLY hope there are more cards because I'm not seeing how Jorah fits into the cards (unless he takes the Littlefinger spot) and Jorah is more important to the story than 75% of the other characters. Almost ditto for Sam.

Anyone else want to brainstorm?

Doesn't the preview page mention that there will be 14 characters in the "others" category?

That may give a lot of options for the special ability characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:

Doesn't the preview page mention that there will be 14 characters in the "others" category?

That may give a lot of options for the special ability characters.

My hero. YOu're right it does. It implies you only use 6 per game, but there are 14 of them.

Ok fine, so Jorah is definitely in, along with Bronn and Sam and Gregor and Barristan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the number in the lower right corner is the number of cards for that house. I can't see the numbers for Tyrell and Targaryen, the others are all different in the 2-8 range. I think it's like this:
Tully: 2
Tyrell or Targaryen: 3
Baratheon: 4
Tyrell or Targaryen: 5
Lannister: 6
Greyjoy: 7
Stark: 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wspier wrote:
I think the number in the lower right corner is the number of cards for that house. I can't see the numbers for Tyrell and Targaryen, the others are all different in the 2-8 range. I think it's like this:
Tully: 2
Tyrell or Targaryen: 3
Baratheon: 4
Tyrell or Targaryen: 5
Lannister: 6
Greyjoy: 7
Stark: 8

Good catch But wow, SEVEN Greyjoys? So Euron, Victarion. Damphair, Balon, Theon, Asha and we still need another one? That's really pushing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know any seventh either. Why do they even put Greyjoy this high anyway, they are not more important than the Lannisters or Baratheons in the books or serie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be 5 for Targaryen and 3 for Tyrell, this way all houses are listed in order in the HotK news item.

Quote:
The king has called for a tourney and a feast to be held at King’s Landing, and the Great Houses of Westeros have answered the call. Stark, Greyjoy, Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Tyrell, Tully—all have gathered, for the whisperers say that the King will choose his new Hand at this feast.

I should play Sherlock Holmes someday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wspier wrote:
It'll be 5 for Targaryen and 3 for Tyrell, this way all houses are listed in order in the HotK news item.

Quote:
The king has called for a tourney and a feast to be held at King’s Landing, and the Great Houses of Westeros have answered the call. Stark, Greyjoy, Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Tyrell, Tully—all have gathered, for the whisperers say that the King will choose his new Hand at this feast.

I should play Sherlock Holmes someday...

It makes most sense for Tyrell to be the main 3 as Mace is the only other choice. (I really hope its Loras and not Mace). The Targs being 5 is Aerys, Dany, Rhaegar, Viserys and ? Jorah? Drogon? Faegon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Marco's video fills inthe full 36. But we're still missing some of the allies.

Varys

2 Tullys: Hoster Edmure

3 Tyrells: Olenna Margeary Garlan

4:Baratheons: Robert Stannis Renly and Shireen

5 Targaryens: Aerys Dany Rhaegar Viserys Aegon I

6 Lannisters: Tywin Cersei Joffrey Tyrion Jaime Kevan

7 Greyjoys: Euron Theon Damphair Asha Balon Victarion and Rodrik

8 Starks: Ned Catelyn Robb Sansa Bran Arya Rickon Lyanna

14 allies: Sandor Drogo Ramsay Jaqen Hodor Ilyn Gendry Littlefinger Brienne and 5 more (Davos Mel Jorah Roose and Walder?)

Comments:
I don't really get the inclusion of AegonI, Rhaegar and Lyanna. I really feel someone alive at the start of book 1 would have more sense. Its breaking my immersion
Edmure over the Blackfish? Three people will be really annoyed.
Garlan over Loras? I have to assume this is because of Loras' original design that Bruno mentioned in his TricTrac link elsewhere.
7 Greyjoys to include Rodrik seems bizarre, why not just do 6 Greyjoys and add Lancel to the Lannisters? Does Bruno love the Greyjoys?
and most importantly: Jon isn't one of the 8 Starks. Which means either he's one of the 14 allies, there's alternate cards or there's an expansion coming... because no Dorne, no NightsWatch, no Wildlngs, all 3 of those "factions" can go to 9 or 10 easily. Maybe this small box card game is actually expandable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Colombo
Italy
flag msg tools
from Bruno Cathala's twitter @BDMontagnes I've found two pictures with some new allies: Melisandre and Bronn for sure.

http://twitter.com/BranMatts/status/761568869437825024

http://twitter.com/BDMontagnes/status/761243599577251844

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Marco's video fills inthe full 36. But we're still missing some of the allies.

Varys

2 Tullys: Hoster Edmure

3 Tyrells: Olenna Margeary Garlan

4:Baratheons: Robert Stannis Renly and Shireen

5 Targaryens: Aerys Dany Rhaegar Viserys Aegon I

6 Lannisters: Tywin Cersei Joffrey Tyrion Jaime Kevan

7 Greyjoys: Euron Theon Damphair Asha Balon Victarion and Rodrik

8 Starks: Ned Catelyn Robb Sansa Bran Arya Rickon Lyanna

14 allies: Sandor Drogo Ramsay Jaqen Hodor Ilyn Gendry Littlefinger Brienne and 5 more (Davos Mel Jorah Roose and Walder?)

Comments:
I don't really get the inclusion of AegonI, Rhaegar and Lyanna. I really feel someone alive at the start of book 1 would have more sense. Its breaking my immersion
Edmure over the Blackfish? Three people will be really annoyed.
Garlan over Loras? I have to assume this is because of Loras' original design that Bruno mentioned in his TricTrac link elsewhere.
7 Greyjoys to include Rodrik seems bizarre, why not just do 6 Greyjoys and add Lancel to the Lannisters? Does Bruno love the Greyjoys?
and most importantly: Jon isn't one of the 8 Starks. Which means either he's one of the 14 allies, there's alternate cards or there's an expansion coming... because no Dorne, no NightsWatch, no Wildlngs, all 3 of those "factions" can go to 9 or 10 easily. Maybe this small box card game is actually expandable?

Jon Snow is indeed one of the 14 Companions. You can see them all in my review (web links section).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's really no Jorah?

Bruno Cathala is not my friend.

HOW DO YOU LEAVE OUT JORAH?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
There's really no Jorah?

There's quite a few characters MIA. The Mountain, Jorah, The Bear, all the direwolves, Sam... Hopefully this means a companion expansion is in the works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
H00D4M4N wrote:
stevelabny wrote:
There's really no Jorah?

There's quite a few characters MIA. The Mountain, Jorah, The Bear, all the direwolves, Sam... Hopefully this means a companion expansion is in the works.

Sam is the only one who even comes close to the importance of Jorah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.