United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my kickstarter reward of the base game and both expansions. I can already see it will be a pain to take the main box and the two small tuck boxes whenever I want to play. Sure I can rotate the cards through the main box, but it would be nice to have access to all of them.

I've already torn one of the small tuck boxes when opening it to get the cards out for the first time, I can see them getting wrecked really quickly.

How does everyone else store their copies?

Note: I am aware that this is the smallest problem in the world! It's more of a frustration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
Just received my kickstarter reward of the base game and both expansions. I can already see it will be a pain to take the main box and the two small tuck boxes whenever I want to play. Sure I can rotate the cards through the main box, but it would be nice to have access to all of them.

I've already torn one of the small tuck boxes when opening it to get the cards out for the first time, I can see them getting wrecked really quickly.

How does everyone else store their copies?

Note: I am aware that this is the smallest problem in the world! It's more of a frustration.

Once you sort through the set and remove the cards that are too ridiculous to actually work for the game because they're impossible to guess (and there's a lot of those), the rest will fit in the base game box and you can store the rest in a drawer or toss them. That's my view, anyway.

I like this version a lot more than Time's Up! because of the points system and most importantly because the people are explained on the cards, but so many of these cards are just idiotic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aldaryn wrote:
Once you sort through the set and remove the cards that are too ridiculous to actually work for the game because they're impossible to guess (and there's a lot of those), the rest will fit in the base game box and you can store the rest in a drawer or toss them. That's my view, anyway.

Here in the UK we can save even more box space, because there's a bunch of cultural references that don't make sense outside of the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hague
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Hey all!

We're most likely going to add a bigger box as a pledge level the next time we do a Kickstarter (ca. early 2017). Still not 100% sure what that will look like—but probably double the base game size, sort of square-ish, and same artist as the base game packaging.

And maybe a divider for crap cards to never play with

Any suggestions for what you'd like to see?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds cool! With games like this I like to cycle through all the cards before shuffling the whole lot together again. A divider to separate used and unused cards would be cool.

Also please continue the excellent use of artwork from the base game, I love the reveal when you lift the box lid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hague
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Yeah, I think a divider is key. Hopefully we'll also be able to get the same guy who did the original box—I think he's doing a lot less commercial work, so fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep that all sounds good. My biggest thing would be a sensible shaped box. Not a silly long one like some other card games I could mention... But maybe one that was wide enough for two columns of cards? And yeah some dividers would be good.

Thnaks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlxHague wrote:
Hey all!

We're most likely going to add a bigger box as a pledge level the next time we do a Kickstarter (ca. early 2017). Still not 100% sure what that will look like—but probably double the base game size, sort of square-ish, and same artist as the base game packaging.

And maybe a divider for crap cards to never play with

Any suggestions for what you'd like to see?

Maybe I came on too harsh, sorry! Maybe we play the game strangely, because we're used to Time's Up! rules - no passing on the first round and only 1 guess in later rounds - much tougher overall.

But the names that are just crazy long phrases, like "the guy who threw his shoe at George Bush", are impossible to actually guess unless you're the person who put the card in. More actual names would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ernest
Indonesia
Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the game so much,

But please do more cards that are famous but have international context/ common knowledge settings.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Cross
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This works quite well (though I'm not really a fan of the game - my brother bought it, plus all the expansions for me, promise!). It's a little unwieldy but wouldn't need to be as big for Monikers.

I would leave out the gimmicky "hidden" card though.

P.S. can't wait to receive my KS copies. Ordered the game plus both expansions too (but live in South Africa so am expecting to wait a while for them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
StupidGabe wrote:
This works quite well (though I'm not really a fan of the game - my brother bought it, plus all the expansions for me, promise!). It's a little unwieldy but wouldn't need to be as big for Monikers.

I would leave out the gimmicky "hidden" card though.

P.S. can't wait to receive my KS copies. Ordered the game plus both expansions too (but live in South Africa so am expecting to wait a while for them).

Yeah this is exactly what I meant I didn't want in my comment above cry

Thinking practically this is such a ridiculous shape box for storage. In my head I'm picturing something like a Carcassonne box(ish)? Then you could have space for two or three columns of cards, maybe even dividers in there and it would still fit nicely on the shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hague
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Not harsh at all! We try to have really variable levels of complexity/difficulty, and sort of leave it to the group to calibrate it for what type of fun they're looking for.

But yeah, skipping is ESSENTIAL for this and I can definitely see it being difficult with other rule sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hague
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, our current thinking is to basically have two columns fitting ~550 cards apiece, basically square-ish. The CAH thing is a really good goof, but the ratio seems a bit weird for storage.

And in terms of extras, we're still trying to figure out if we can include a few special cards or not—at a CAH-level print run, that's easy. For us printing maybe 1-5K, it gets trickier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
AlxHague wrote:
Yep, our current thinking is to basically have two columns fitting ~550 cards apiece, basically square-ish. The CAH thing is a really good goof, but the ratio seems a bit weird for storage.

And in terms of extras, we're still trying to figure out if we can include a few special cards or not—at a CAH-level print run, that's easy. For us printing maybe 1-5K, it gets trickier!

I wouldn't worry about "special cards". I personally, and sure I'm not alone, would rather have all the money/effort spent on making the best quality box and delivering on time rather than just having one or two extra cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.