Subject: Hiding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I recall in 1st edition you could hide, if there was a trunk or something like that in the room.

Did not notice anything like that action in 2nd edition, am I wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
rman wrote:
I recall in 1st edition you could hide, if there was a trunk or something like that in the room.

Did not notice anything like that action in 2nd edition, am I wrong?

Maybe a feature hold back for further expansions. As for now, only barricades survived.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing like that has appeared so far. I'm guessing because in 1st Ed it was an action that usually wasn't worth doing.

I'd like to see it return for 2nd Ed, but it would need to work in such a way that made it a more attractive (and interesting) option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
...would not be that hard to implement in the App.
Specific Monsters could have a percentage of success for seeing you there, you could hide from NSCs, you could even base whole objectives or tasks upon hiding (if there is enough to hide in/behind)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally never used hide, so I guess I wont miss it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
Amersham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
I personally never used hide, so I guess I wont miss it.

It was a pointless tacked on feature that was never worth doing. Thank goodness it's gone. Well done FFG

I like the stream-lining they've done to the 1st Edition rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee wrote:
I like the stream-lining they've done to the 1st Edition rules.

Oh god yes, as much as I enjoyed the 1st edition it was a game that sorely needed this streamlining for the 2nd edition.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how many rules from the original game has managed to survive the transition in a streamlined format thanks to the app. Not a lot of stuff has been outright cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlike 1st edition, hiding is not an option in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...however, as I was saying above (or how the comment was meant) - it would be easy to give an action like "Hide" real value in a specific scenario (or maybe even more than one). It all depends on the implementation.

Of course, it was unnecessary and stupid in 1.0, but it does not necessarily be that in a new implementation. It would also make sense, thematically...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon,

i know it's not the same, but we still have Barricades in 2nd edition. This means that options to avoid nasty monsters are given when needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with "hiding" is that it is effectively removing your character from the game, which is boring. If they could implement it in some way that's more "active", then it could be an interesting mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
The problem with "hiding" is that it is effectively removing your character from the game, which is boring. If they could implement it in some way that's more "active", then it could be an interesting mechanic.

That is exactly what I meant. A scenario where you have to take care to stay hidden for some objective or other, sneaking past NSCs and monsters, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.