Subject: Dispatching a super zombie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Zee
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
I had the pleasure of trying out this expansion and I love it! However, there is a "super zombie" (I forgot the name of it) that in order to kill it, it stated that you had to give up two cards (if possible) and then remove the zombie upon the successful attack. However, I did not have any cards in my hand at that time but the way the text for that zombie is written, it implies that you remove the zombie despite not giving up cards for it. Clarifications anyone? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the expansion yet, but what is the exact wording?

Does it say "Discard 2 cards to kill this zombie"?
Or does it say "When you kill this zombie, discard 2 cards"?

If it says the second, then yes I think you can kill it with 0 or 1 cards in your hand and just discard what you've got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says to discard 2 cards, if you are able to, and then remove the zombie. So I think someone with only 1 or no cards would discard what they could and still get to remove the zombie. Basically, the zombie takes what you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it sounds like thematically, you aren't using the items in your hand to kill the zombie, the items just get destroyed in the fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZekeMM25 wrote:
I had the pleasure of trying out this expansion and I love it! However, there is a "super zombie" (I forgot the name of it) that in order to kill it, it stated that you had to give up two cards (if possible) and then remove the zombie upon the successful attack. However, I did not have any cards in my hand at that time but the way the text for that zombie is written, it implies that you remove the zombie despite not giving up cards for it. Clarifications anyone? Thanks!

First off HEY GEORGE! Thanks for coming out to play! I have the box with me I'll put the text verbatim from the card, though I will leave out the name and roll result so that it is less of a spoiler:

"You're pretty sure you can defeat this thing, but it's going to take some of the gear you've been hoarding. You could probably burn it to stop it from regenerating, or hell, you could build some of cage to hold it. Remove 2 cards in your hand from the game (if possible). Remove this **REDACTED** from the board"

I redacted the name of the special zombie. And YES the card has a type-o.

We took this as a free removal since it says "if possible"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.