$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 71.49

4,934 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
31.1% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
201 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: VASSAL Game: Matt - Petr - Michal - Exoow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frederik
Belgium
Kruishoutem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

the game has started in the Google Drive folder.
I'm Aedui (see the other thread) and was 1st eligible so I have taken the event.

Next up: Arverni.

(Subscribing to this thread is suggested. )
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
United States
Edenton
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be home later to take my turn. What was the event?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik
Belgium
Kruishoutem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Convictolitavis. devil
Also, the log file names are constructed like this:

#number - card name - executing faction

If anyone has to interrupt their move (to ask for agreement or so), simply put it in the folder and follow up with a second file.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice long-term-event. Let us see what future brings...

EDIT: is Caesar not missing in that set-up?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
United States
Edenton
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arverni march + devastate in Mandubii and Bituriges. I removed warbands from the enemy factions, but if you would prefer to remove an Ally or something else instead, I would not mind

Belgic are next eligible.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
croooooow wrote:
Arverni march + devastate in Mandubii and Bituriges. I removed warbands from the enemy factions, but if you would prefer to remove an Ally or something else instead, I would not mind

Belgic are next eligible.


Hi Matt,

I think you need to correct your move. In order to do Devasate:
Location: Any Arverni-Controlled Regions with 1 region of Vercingetorix or its his successor

When you did devastated, neither Mandubii nor Bituriges were controlled by you. You need first to move much more forces, take control, and only then devastate.

At least it seems to me this should be the way to do it...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
United States
Edenton
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mk20336 wrote:
croooooow wrote:
Arverni march + devastate in Mandubii and Bituriges. I removed warbands from the enemy factions, but if you would prefer to remove an Ally or something else instead, I would not mind

Belgic are next eligible.


Hi Matt,

I think you need to correct your move. In order to do Devasate:
Location: Any Arverni-Controlled Regions with 1 region of Vercingetorix or its his successor

When you did devastated, neither Mandubii nor Bituriges were controlled by you. You need first to move much more forces, take control, and only then devastate.

At least it seems to me this should be the way to do it...


Sorry, you are right. I somehow missed that. I will correct and re-post.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
croooooow wrote:
mk20336 wrote:
croooooow wrote:
Arverni march + devastate in Mandubii and Bituriges. I removed warbands from the enemy factions, but if you would prefer to remove an Ally or something else instead, I would not mind

Belgic are next eligible.


Hi Matt,

I think you need to correct your move. In order to do Devasate:
Location: Any Arverni-Controlled Regions with 1 region of Vercingetorix or its his successor

When you did devastated, neither Mandubii nor Bituriges were controlled by you. You need first to move much more forces, take control, and only then devastate.

At least it seems to me this should be the way to do it...


Sorry, you are right. I somehow missed that. I will correct and re-post.


No problem. I think that way of playing - with some time to analyze others moves and plan your own - are perfect for learning the game and subtleties. I am sure you will also spot in future some my moves which were not according to rules

Waiting for your move then!

EDIT:
it is very useful to write in the log what you are guys doing. Some commentary to the actions is very welcome
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
United States
Edenton
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, hopefully that move is correct. I will try to comment on what I am doing next time.

Arverni march from the Arverni region to Bituriges in sufficient numbers to devastate. Arverni also march from Carnutes to Mandubii. I couldn't find the overflow region chit, so it's a little crowded...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik
Belgium
Kruishoutem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no Overflow implemented, I think I read in the designer notes that pieces "stack"? Will check the logfile after work. laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I am in the worst situation in that scenario, I need to start recovering.

My move done half-way: I played event, moved troops to Nervii and I am attacking Romans.

Petr - please tell me if you opt for Retreat so I can continue my turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it will make any difference in the end. But I won't retreat.

Also... shouldn't be Caesar in Provincia?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik
Belgium
Kruishoutem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Petr: you are right, you can add Caesar on your turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pemik wrote:
I don't think it will make any difference in the end. But I won't retreat.

Also... shouldn't be Caesar in Provincia?

Actually, the only difference is order of losses. In case of retreat - no movable first, in case on no retreat - movable first.

Playing my round, will let you know when I am finished.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks but I am aware of it. I've just meant that if you won't fail 3 consecutive die rolls against my fort, than all my pieces there will be dead. Regardless of my decision.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, my turn played. Fort and two auxiliary in Nervii fallen (which is not surprise with such difference of strength).

Petr - your turn now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys,

I will be out till end of Sunday. As next turn anyhow there is no my move, I hope you will be able to do 3 Commands till Sunday evening
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my turn. But unfortunately I won't be able to play my turn until sunday. Sorry for delay.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik
Belgium
Kruishoutem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pemik wrote:
It is my turn. But unfortunately I won't be able to play my turn until sunday. Sorry for delay.

Thanks for notifying us.
Looking forward to your move (remember, the Aedui are your friends ).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exoow wrote:
Pemik wrote:
It is my turn. But unfortunately I won't be able to play my turn until sunday. Sorry for delay.

Thanks for notifying us.
Looking forward to your move (remember, the Aedui are your friends ).


Until opportunity moment comes

BTW, seems that Aedui will have another good event - strong beginning for blue colors
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik
Belgium
Kruishoutem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pemik wrote:
It is my turn. But unfortunately I won't be able to play my turn until sunday. Sorry for delay.

Petr, will you still be making your turn?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Today...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, sorry for delay.

I am playing Scout + Battle. Moved Auxilia to Sequani and started a Battle there. Do Arverni want to retreat?

Also I think that Belgae score was calculated correctly. Michal, did you notice, that you should get only 1 point from Nervii control (Eburones tribe is dispersed).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
United States
Edenton
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt the Aedui will give sanctuary to the scouted Arverni warband in the Aedui region... no retreat.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik
Belgium
Kruishoutem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No retreat indeed.
Also, the Belgae score should be 5, as Petr said.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.