Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is now up for preorder here... I was wondering, does the retail include is stretch goals like plastic 3D tokens, or is everything made with cardboard counters? If the latter, the game seems fairly pricey...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Park
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I don't know how helpful this is, but the Amazon description says it comes with the plastic pieces for fortresses, legions, and triremes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Park
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I pre-ordered from CoolStuffInc and didn't even think about whether or not it would not come with the stretch goals. I can live without the plastic buildings, but I wouldn't think it would be as good of an experience without plastic legions and fortresses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hippibashr wrote:
I pre-ordered from CoolStuffInc and didn't even think about whether or not it would not come with the stretch goals. I can live without the plastic buildings, but I wouldn't think it would be as good of an experience without plastic legions and fortresses.

To be honest I don't think it's very likely that they will have seperate production lines for KS and retail versions.

The malls and stuff are made anyway so I think plastic miniatures are actually more cost effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder to self....

Never ever kickstart a game from Academy games again...

That way I can get it actually cheaper , still be able to pick up all the extras that came for kick starting the game , won't have to pay for shipping and get it before all the kickstarter backers.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
I was wondering, does the retail include is stretch goals like plastic 3D tokens, or is everything made with cardboard counters?

It's all indicated on the KS page: here.

The units are made of plastic, the buildings of cardboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Jace_Ace wrote:
Reminder to self....

Never ever kickstart a game from Academy games again...

That way I can get it actually cheaper , still be able to pick up all the extras that came for kick starting the game , won't have to pay for shipping and get it before all the kickstarter backers.shake

You are a smart man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris pax

Alabaster
Alabama
msg tools
mbmb
The kickstarter was 65 + 10 or so 9n shipping for both the base game and atlas expansion

Minature market has both on pre order now for a combined price of 86 + shipping

So actually I already have my copy and it was cheaper....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Collstuffinc has on preorder for $49...I paid $70

Yes I get the stench goals for free but that's the point of kick starting something.

If you want the stretch goals and didn't Kickstart the campaign , then yes you should pay extra..!

I also paid $28 in shipping , if I had ordered from a UK retail online shop most of them are free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jace_Ace wrote:

Yes I get the stench goals for free but that's the point of kick starting something.

If you want the stretch goals and didn't Kickstart the campaign , then yes you should pay extra..!

I also paid $28 in shipping , if I had ordered from a UK retail online shop most of them are free shipping.

The $49.49 at CSI is just the base game. The Atlas expansion is an additional $39.49. I'm not sure what their shipping would be to the UK, but if it is more than $8 then you paid less in the Kickstarter.

There is a more than legitimate complaint about the late delivery of non-US orders. However, saying that it would be cheaper to have bought retail than through the Kickstarter seems to be false.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Höglund
Sweden
flag msg tools
Psauberer wrote:
[q="Jace_Ace"]

The $49.49 at CSI is just the base game. The Atlas expansion is an additional $39.49. I'm not sure what their shipping would be to the UK, but if it is more than $8 then you paid less in the Kickstarter.

T

But then again you can ask your self, did i really got the expansion for free or did i actually pay way more to get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jace_Ace wrote:

Boardgameguru is selling the base game for GBP 65. So, you're still quids in. That said, if you want to sell me your full ks copy for what you paid for it, I'll be very happy to make that transaction!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really bothered by any of it at all, but if I were to be annoyed, it would be less about what I could get from CSI, MM, etc. than the fact that I could've preordered from Academy directly and gotten the same stuff that I Kickstarted for almost exactly the same price but without having to have paid so far in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Iveson
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the price we paid was a good one. Think it worked out about £55 which included the expansions (might be wrong though). What is really poor is that we still have not heard about when it will be delivered. Seeing it will be available from bgguru next week but having no undates is really infuriating. The last we heard it was on a ship to Germany and nothing since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bazvinda wrote:
I think the price we paid was a good one. Think it worked out about £55 which included the expansions (might be wrong though). What is really poor is that we still have not heard about when it will be delivered. Seeing it will be available from bgguru next week but having no undates is really infuriating. The last we heard it was on a ship to Germany and nothing since.

£55 for game plus expansion is insanely good.

I cannot bring myself to purchase this game at the rip-off price currently being charged (£65 without expansion).

i don't care how good it is, it's too expensive, and basically has priced itself out of the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The more I look into this game, the more I think I'll pass.

I love the sound of how it plays, but everything about the marketing and the company making it annoys the heck out of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the Kickstarter and was sad.

I ordered the game, the buildings, the expansion and the large map about a month after the Kickstarter had ended. I love Civilization type games so I was willing to pay a little more for my tardiness.

It came a few days ago and I was impressed to see that they included the Kickstarter bonus stuff as well as the dice. I had asked them about the dice but they were not able to offer them and I was resigned to the fact that I wouldn't get them. Lo and behold, when I opened the package, the Kickstarter extras were there as well as the dice.

So, well done Academy Games. They have gone above and beyond for me, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
bazvinda wrote:
I think the price we paid was a good one. Think it worked out about £55 which included the expansions (might be wrong though).

£55 for game plus expansion is insanely good.

Let's not forget that (for most Euro backers) the KS also required you to pay an additional $20-$25 shipping, something you don't pay if you buy the game at the local game shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
Let's not forget that (for most Euro backers) the KS also required you to pay an additional $20-$25 shipping, something you don't pay if you buy the game at the local game shop.

Which is the case for most campaigns when you don't live in the country of the designer/publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid $90 (£68); the local shop is selling the game for £60.

Retail editions include all the stretch goals (these are rarely KS exclusives, and instead should be seen as allowing the publishers to add extras for everyone so long as they have enough pledges "up front"). What it won't include is the expansion (retail price unconfirmed; usefulness of a sixth player expansion also unconfirmed) and a few KS exclusives (3 extra heroes and some extra tokens, IIRC).

So it's right to say that in material terms KS backers are getting more. However they also paid upfront for an unknown quantity. And were promised their copies before the game hit retail. And, FWVLIW, we're told that they would get their games last October.

But mostly what the EU backers are bewildered about is the very lengthy delays as compared to both US backers and the retail channel.

Overall, I'm still of the view that I was better off backing than not backing - although that depends greatly on how good the game actually is, and my view has been tainted somewhat by how things have panned out over the last ten weeks or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.