$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Adam walck
United States
Clarksville
Tennessee (TN)
flag msg tools
Anyone run into this issue? The story event says nominate a female survivor, but my settlement doesn't have any left (I roll for random sex of the child, and had some bad luck). I'm ruling that a male is nominated instead, but another option could be that you have to wait for a female to trigger the story event. I encourage everyone to use random sex generation by the way, as it makes the game more intense and drastically increases the value of female survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About nominating a female survivor: rulewise, if I don't have any, I would not nominate her, so I would go through the event without affecting the "nominated survivor". Of course, fluffwise this looks stupid (since the story is narrated as things happening to someone who does not exist, but it could be an old story that is told now), but I think it's much closer to RAW.

About choosing gender randomly: I could do that in a new vanilla campaign, or in a Gorm/PoLantern campaign, because I am fairly confident in them, but I admit I am not a fan of making the world harsher than it already is - especially since I like the feeling of a survivor "overpowered for two hunts before dying" when you happen to land the combo you planned for weeks. Anyway, I have to say that I already treasure women in my settlements, and try to keep them at a 60%female/40%male ratio. I reasoned a long time ago that 50/50 simply does not work for me. Also, important specialization only on males with crushed genitals or something like that (I have my own brand of Unsullied )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dimond
msg tools
Surely with no female survivors your chances of survival on the whole is pretty slim anyway?? sounds like its game over for you to be honest.
How did it turn out in the end?

As for the question, I would say you'd have to wait for that female to miraculously appear before you could run the story event rumble in the dark. In all other cases of the rules saying female you would never switch it to male, so in my eyes there should be no exception for rumble in the dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.