Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read through the rules forum pretty closely and haven't seen this asked, so I must be missing something obvious.

When you take your second wound you flip to the animal side.

This means, I assume, if you take a first wound, have it removed by the family bonus, and then take another wound so there is only one on your mat, you DO NOT flip to the animal side.

Then, if you take another wound later so you now have two on your board, you would flip to the animal side, remove a wound and return it to the supply per the rules. At that point would have to take 3 more wounds - without removing any because of the family bonus - to die and end the game.

Do I have all that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
doctoryes0 wrote:
I've read through the rules forum pretty closely and haven't seen this asked, so I must be missing something obvious.

When you take your second wound you flip to the animal side.

This means, I assume, if you take a first wound, have it removed by the family bonus, and then take another wound so there is only one on your mat, you DO NOT flip to the animal side.

Then, if you take another wound later so you now have two on your board, you would flip to the animal side, remove a wound and return it to the supply per the rules. At that point would have to take 3 more wounds - without removing any because of the family bonus - to die and end the game.

Do I have all that right?

Not quite. When you add the second wound, you flip to the animal side, and remove all wound markers. If you are already on your animal side when a second wound marker would be added, you die and the game ends. You do not flip to your animal side until you get the second wound marker.

The wound marker really only indicates if you have 1 or 3 wounds. If you are healed by the family, but do not have a wound marker (because you have taken no wounds this game or have just flipped to your animal powers, the family can not help you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually you have it pretty much all wrong.

First wound, put a wound token on your board. If you remove this wound token due to family bonus you have no wounds and the next wound you take will again be your first wound.

Second wound: If you take another wound while you have a wound token on your board, remove the one wound token (at no point do you add a second one) and flip your board. At this point you have no wound tokens on your board.

Third wound: This will be the first wound you take after being flipped, add one wound token to your board. If you remove this wound token due to family bonus you have two wounds (as indicated by your board being flipped, not tokens) and the next wound you take will again be your third wound.

Fourth wound: If you take a wound while on the animal side with a wound token already, this is your fourth wound (since the beginning of the game, NOT SINCE FLIPPING). At this point you die.

So once you are flipped you will only be able to take two more wounds before you die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! Very clear!

This is reminding me of trying to learn Ghost Stories. These guys really take the long way round...

This is how I'll explain it, using the two keywords "wounded" and "healed":

If your samurai is wounded, indicate it with a wound marker.

If your samurai gets healed (family bonus) he is no longer wounded (remove wound marker).

If your wounded human samurai is wounded again, he immediately turns into an animal and is healed.

If your wounded animal samurai is wounded again, he dies and the game is over.

I think it's clearer for me this way.

You're either wounded or you're not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.