Subject: Pimped out setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Petersen
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
I found a review of the BCW card sorting tray on YouTube where a guy was showing how to display his sports cards. I immediately saw that there was 20 slots which would fit for Valeria's setup perfect. (I found the tray at a local sports memorabilia store for $10).

I have my cards in sleeves and the slots of the tray are "slightly" tight on the bottom. (The tray is designed for unsleeved sports cards of course). But I don't think that is a big problem.

The poker chip idea came from the fact that I found that while the wooden tokens are great they are fiddly for the amount of handling that you do with them throughout the game.

I found the exact color matches on Amazon. (Just search for colored poker chips). They cost $5.99 for 50. I bought 50 of the four colors. We still sometimes have to use the 5x or 10x tokens for money, (especially with three players). So you might want to buy more.

The one downside is this setup is horrible for travel, but in that case I just take the game in the box and use the original tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guitarpetey wrote:
I found a review of the BCW card sorting tray on YouTube where a guy was showing how to display his sports cards. I immediately saw that there was 20 slots which would fit for Valeria's setup perfect.

Hmmm. Intriguing. I could use this for more than one game I think. I usually resist pimping urges because the cost is as much as the game itself, but a $10 tray makes financial sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
That tray looks just all around useful for setting up center stacks of cards for games like Valeria. Might be just something to throw in the bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Keel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have that same tray but I find it's just too big for Valeria's set up. Each card compartment has so much room left over for the five-ish cards per stack in VCK that it just takes up a lot of space. However, I might have to get my tape measure out later and see if it's any longer than just having the cards laid out normally. If not, slicing off that extra part on the right side might be worth looking into. Either way, once I get the VCK playmat, I have an idea for using clear card cases for each space on the mat to keep it all tidy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heyheyjk wrote:
I have that same tray but I find it's just too big for Valeria's set up. Each card compartment has so much room left over for the five-ish cards per stack in VCK that it just takes up a lot of space.

Hmmm, I hadn't considered that. Looks like the cards are tipped up though so it's not too big a deal. I also notice the cards extend higher than the top. Does that mean that if you are sitting behind the tray that you can see the bottom of all of the decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, that's the exact same tray I've used for years for my Pathfinder Adventure Card game setup. The front angled trays works great for locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Petersen
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
I also use this for Xenoshyft. And I've seen others use it for Firefly, Machi Koro,and of course Dominion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.