Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems odd, but I believe the rules allow it, particularly the rule about continuing to retreat if the hex you retreat into is overstacked.

It was about turn 4 in the campaign game. The Allies were still basically on the beaches until you reached the Cotentin Peninsula, where the line went across the peninsula. The Germans still held Cherbourg. Every beachhead hex contained 4 units and every other hex held three units with the exception of the empty hex to the West of Cherbourg. The Germans attacked the British in the Easternmost hex (the Pegasus Bridge hex) and obtain a DR tactical result. The British units have to retreat one hex. However, the adjacent Sword/Gold/Juno hex and the Omaha hex are full, so the units British units keep retreating into the peninsula and all the way up to adjacent to Cherbourg. Every hex they retreated through, while occupied by Allied units, were also adjacent to German units. Even the final hex was adjacent to a German unit, and was unoccupied. It just seems odd that the Eastern flank moved all the way to the Western flank due to a DR retreat.

Is this the correct way to play it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Retreat rules are pretty flexible. Even the bit about going towards HQs/supply sources only says "Retreating units must try to get closer to an HQ or a Supply source."

So yeah, I think you had it right. An unusual case, admittedly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.