Subject: Suicide Bombers - NP Taliban target selection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for all these questions - first time playing and I'm doing it solo. There will probably be more to come.

Suicide Bombers is in effect. The Taliban conducts Terror in Kabul. Does it take out Coalition troops before Government troops? Rules suggest that it targets Police first, then Troops (of which faction, I'm not sure).

But it seems like taking out Coalition troops would make more sense, since they go to Casualties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played ADP but in other COIN volumes are those kind of priorities specified in section 8.1.2 in the rulebook.

Edit: And it is written that you should prioritize player faction and then choose randomly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
8.1.2 in ADP says to target player assets before non-player assets in the bullet above where it says to target Police before Troops, so it also depends on which Faction you play...

The reason the 2nd bullet removes Police before Troops is that it is much easier to replace Troops in Provinces with no COIN Bases. Removing all Police from a space often means that the COIN Factions can't use Civic Action there next Propaganda Round.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.