Subject: no cards to draw from when having a thin deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Ascension [+] [View All]
Andreas Hemming
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
Hey fellas,

Just played this game solo to try out some card combos and had so many "draw a card" abilities during one turn whilst having a very thin deck so that it wasn't able to draw cards anymore so I guess my deck was just to thin or whats your opinion on that?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can definitely happen. It's just a limiting effect on the power of card draw and deck-thinning. *shrug*
If you get to that point and can do a bunch of cool stuff, that's great. If you draw your whole deck but then can't do anything, you've messed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hemming
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
Jlerpy wrote:
If you draw your whole deck but then can't do anything, you've messed up.

that's exactly how it felt! I have to admit that I played Star Realms the day before and was still used to those 20+ damage turns, so I guess SoS is just on another level when it comes to gamepace as well as pure numbers I do also think I focused too much on the cards that are offered in the center row and should have instead went for some heavy infantry during later turns as in Sos there are no such cards giving huge damaging benefits. I really enjoy the combo effects of SoS but have to admit that I'm missing the "punchiness" (if that's even a word ) of other deckbuilders. That's also why I'm thinking about adding other Expansions but yeah let's see whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.