Star Wars: Armada» Forums » General

Subject: Where to play Collegevile, PA and Newark,NJ area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Omar Jalife
Mexico
flag msg tools
Hello guys

I will be going to Collegeville, PA in a couple of weeks and I am looking to play Armada or maybe start to know Xwing but I am not sure which stores are ideal for this. Since I'm flying to and from Newark, I can also check something on the way there.

I already made some research and here are the stores I found, but not sure if these are really good places to play

Alternate Universes - I've been here in the past (before I knew Armada) and it seems to me is more about Magic and Warhammer.
Compleat Strategist - Couldn't find Armada or Xwing in their website, so not sure they carry them.
Showcase Comics - Seems like a good place, but a little far away from Collegeville
7th Dimension Games - Looks good with demo plays of Xwing
Gamer's Realm - Doesn't look like they carry anything
Family Fun Hobbies - They do have Armada and Xwing on Tuesday nights, but it's a little bit far from Collegeville.

Does anyone has comments on this places or some other suggestions. I don't want to drive 30 or 40 minutes just to find out that they don't carry the game.

Thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Mayer
msg tools
mb
Near Newark there is Highlander Games in Boonton, NJ. They do more x-wing than armada, but there are some folks working on fixing that. I don't know that much about the scene around Philadelphia/Collegeville, but I can ask around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Black
msg tools
When I'm able to get to a store, I go to 7th Dimension. There's a facebook group specifically for X-Wing/Attack Wing/Armada to make shoutouts to see if anyone is available when you're planning on heading in or interested in playing something new. Thursday nights are always X-wing nights, with at minimum 4 but generally 8+ people playing X-wing. Saturdays usually have 1 or 2 players, but Saturday isn't as reliable if you haven't used the facebook group to ask around beforehand.

There aren't as many folks who've bought into Armada there, but I've been slowly trying to tempt more into the pool. I was shocked (pleasantly) when I went to pick up waves 3-4 last week and found that they'd already sold out aside from one Liberty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.