Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Armstrong
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Had some questions when I did my first campaign game.

1) Can you engage an enemy that is already engaged with another hero?

2) Are enemies always spawned face down in the shadows?

3) What exactly causes an enemy in the shadows to flip?

4) It seems like killing Odius Grump in the first campaign isn't the best strategy. Since he comes back twice, it felt like I should be concentrating on taking out the other enemies that would actually die and stay dead, and just take the damage from Odius. Plus being able to land 6 damage on him with 2 resistance in the way felt very hard to do. Does anyone agree?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Can you engage an enemy that is already engaged with another hero?
Yes
2) Are enemies always spawned face down in the shadows?
If they are spawned in the shadows(black skull) then they are always spawned face down
3) What exactly causes an enemy in the shadows to flip?
If you engage them
If they take damage
If they activate

4) It seems like killing Odius Grump in the first campaign isn't the best strategy. Since he comes back twice, it felt like I should be concentrating on taking out the other enemies that would actually die and stay dead, and just take the damage from Odius. Plus being able to land 6 damage on him with 2 resistance in the way felt very hard to do. Does anyone agree?
If you kill him he won't activate during the enemy phase and it helps to explore the current location(+4 IIRC). It's not a bad strategy to kill him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
To add on to what Martin said, for spawning you only spawn them face down in the shadows if it says so via the grey skull from traveling to a new location. Otherwise, as the "Spawning Enemies" section of the rules reference says, you spawn enemies engaged with party members one at a time, starting with the party leader (unless it spawns during an activation in which case it spawns and engages with the active player, or the card says otherwise)

For Odious, he only has a resilience of 1, are you mixing up the icon for attack and resilience, or was that a typo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Müller
Germany
flag msg tools
Sounds like a typo ;-)

+1 for Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.