Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Vranes
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently pulled the trigger on CCA and absolutely love it. I know that I'm late to the game on this one, but I'm trying to get a hold of the Epic Ancients expansion, or, at least, the scenario cards.

I contacted GMT, and they are wonderful. They have the special Epic Ancients card deck available, and the second mounted mapboard, but they do not have any of the scenario cards in stock. And it doesn't look like this one will be up on P500 any time soon, from what I can tell.

They specifically directed me to post "in the forums," which, of course, means BGG.

Which brings me to my post...

Does anyone have PDFs of the various scenario cards? I figure since they directed me to post here for help, and since it isn't going to be in print any time soon (again, I don't see it on the P500 list), it's probably a good bet that the only way to get them would be privately.

I checked the various file sections, and it doesn't look like they're included or posted there. From GMT's response, it looks like they're open to this, especially since you need expansions to use the Epic Ancients material...

EDIT: Spelling. I'm a victim of public education...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is interesting. Sounds like they wouldn't mind scans of the scenarios being posted. Pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Idiot
Scotland
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try www.commandsandcolors.net. Here is the Cannae Scenario:

http://www.commandsandcolors.net/ancients/maps/60-second-pun...

I think EPIC01 - EPIC06 cover version 1 of Epic. Version 2 scenarios are all there too. I have yet to find original scans of these though. I have Epic II but not Epic version 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you taken a look at ccancients.net They have pretty much all the scenarios there. Here are the Expansion 5 scenarios: http://www.commandsandcolors.net/ancients/the-game/game-boxe...

If you want the actual cards, it would be impossible to get a true PDF I think unless GMT wants to release the files used to make the cards themselves. You should ask them if they would be willing to release the files, at least by request or with the purchase of the epic deck, if they aren't going to print the expansion any time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I have thought of printing out the Epic 1-4 scenario cards (I, like others have the Epic II scenarios, but not the original 4), but those pictures on Commandandcolors.net are fairly low resolution and do not format well for printing, I have found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Idiot
Scotland
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NimitsTexan wrote:
Yeah, I have thought of printing out the Epic 1-4 scenario cards (I, like others have the Epic II scenarios, but not the original 4), but those pictures on Commandandcolors.net are fairly low resolution and do not format well for printing, I have found.

Quoted for truth!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Vranes
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did a followup with my GMT contact. She's been great to work with - I'll see if there's any way the PDFs of the scenario cards can be released (Epic I and Epic II).

I'll post as soon as I get a response, either way. They've been really quick to email back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here you have all the scenarios with their statistics:
http://www.commandsandcolors.net/ancients/maps/scenario-stat...

Just do "Ctrl+F" EPIC and then you can see all in that format.
As you can see, Exp 5 has EPIC01-EPIC16 scenarios, while in magazine (C3i) you have also another 6:
C3i15 EPIC Leuctra (371 BC)
C3i16 EPIC Asculum (279 BC)
C3i19 EPIC Adrianople (378 AD)
C3i20 EPIC Adrianople (378 AD)
C3i21 EPIC Argentoratum (357 AD)
C3i22 EPIC Paraitacene (317 BC)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mk20336 wrote:
And here you have all the scenarios with their statistics:
http://www.commandsandcolors.net/ancients/maps/scenario-stat...

Just do "Ctrl+F" EPIC and then you can see all in that format.

or use the Epic Tag
http://www.commandsandcolors.net/ancients/component/tags/tag...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Millikan
United States
California
flag msg tools
svranes wrote:
I just did a followup with my GMT contact. She's been great to work with - I'll see if there's any way the PDFs of the scenario cards can be released (Epic I and Epic II).

I'll post as soon as I get a response, either way. They've been really quick to email back.

I'd be very interested to hear the response. Seems like all the other pieces from the expansion can be found in other places, save a proper printout of the scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.