United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

The Fragile Hard Knock has its own callout in the solo rules, but the translation here is such that it actually makes me more confused about how this supposed to work.

Fragile says:
"Other players cannot withdraw as long as they have any cards in hand."

The "clarification" says:
"The single hand applies to all Grizzled, also the Fragile one. If you have any card in your hand, Fragile prevents the others from withdraw."

I guess it's the "also the Fragile one" which seems out of place, as both the text on the card, and the second sentence of the clarification, says "other" Grizzled cannot withdraw. Why does it matter that the hand applies to the Fragile one, since Fragile only affects the other players?

So, does this work exactly how I'd expect it to? If you have any cards in your hand, only the Grizzled with the Fragile Hard Knock is allowed to withdraw (until after he does, then his Hard Knocks won't matter any more). Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Caviris
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mb
pusherman42 wrote:
Hi all,

The Fragile Hard Knock has its own callout in the solo rules, but the translation here is such that it actually makes me more confused about how this supposed to work.

Fragile says:
"Other players cannot withdraw as long as they have any cards in hand."

The "clarification" says:
"The single hand applies to all Grizzled, also the Fragile one. If you have any card in your hand, Fragile prevents the others from withdraw."

I guess it's the "also the Fragile one" which seems out of place, as both the text on the card, and the second sentence of the clarification, says "other" Grizzled cannot withdraw. Why does it matter that the hand applies to the Fragile one, since Fragile only affects the other players?

So, does this work exactly how I'd expect it to? If you have any cards in your hand, only the Grizzled with the Fragile Hard Knock is allowed to withdraw (until after he does, then his Hard Knocks won't matter any more). Right?

I would take that to mean that no one, including the player with the Fragile Hard Knock card, is allowed to withdraw as long as the player with the Fragile Hard Knock card has any cards in their hand. That's my interpretation, though, I might be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.