Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the visual, very stunning, artistic, clean and simple, and also geeky.
I missed the Kickstarter.
Is the game as good as the visual?
And I checked there's only one version on the BGG info (KS version I guess) but I noticed there's a retail version with metallic pieces. Where can I get that one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Stegmaier
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure where you can get one currently. Best thing is to sign up on the website, and purchase one when they get more in.

http://www.laywastegames.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
They had some problems with chipping on the paint in the original version. They sent everyone a full set of replacement metal pieces using a new paint method (seems like it's more "plated" now) and metallic colors you see in the pic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
So its basically the same version with KS but it's replacement from the original.
So the retail and KS version would be the same?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
vardamir wrote:
So its basically the same version with KS but it's replacement from the original.
So the retail and KS version would be the same?

Sorry, didn't mean to comment on that topic. I was just relating the issues they had with the kickstarter. Just to say that I don't know if maybe that held any retail copies up.

I also corrected my post to say that the metallic colored replacements ARE the ones in the pic above. When I first glanced at it, I thought they were the original paint colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Nazzaro
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
publisher
The KS edition had a different box from retail, and the KS contents depended on your pledges. Some people had a cloth map in only two colors, instead of the full colored map.

The retail edition had all metal pieces (while some KS editions had wood cubes for totems) and a full colored map/board.

The Special Edition has fully played metal pieces, versus painted metal pieces. The difference being better durability and precious metals used in the playing process, such as actual 18k gold and silver.

We just opened up ordering copies of the game online at bit.ly/playdragoon with expected delivery in October.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.