Hide
5 Posts

Wiz-War (eighth edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion buying order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bogey Man
msg tools

If we don't take in account the added fifth player bonus for Malefic Curses, what do you think is the better first expansion to be added to Wiz War?

In my understanding Malefic Curses adds more deadliness in the card mix, and Bestial Forces adds summoned creatures and more "in-board" assets like totems etc for maximum chaos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son definitely liked Bestial Forces more. I can see the value in both. If you're likely not to play 5 players, get Bestial Forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both expansions and feel that they are both equally good. If I had to give the edge to one over the other it would be Wiz-War: Bestial Forces; however, if you play the variant with one giant deck of cards with all the different schools mixed in, I would recommend Wiz-War: Malefic Curses first - the reason being: I feel Totems aren't as good when diluted into a giant deck.

I having a feeling you will probably want to pick both up over time, and that it is just a matter of in which order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Buy which ever one the store has the least number of first, then get the other one ASAP. They are both great and IMO, you want both of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
Buy which ever one the store has the least number of first

Malefic Curses is the oldest of the two, so in theory, it will be the hardest to find. I bought Bestial Forces first and then Malefic Curses, but they were relatively cheap so I bought them pretty close to one another.

If adding a fifth player is out of the question, and you're not worried about stock of Malefic Curses running out, then I would get Bestial Forces. From a game play standpoint, it adds the most "features."

Playing with the creatures is a lot of fun and I really like the Totems! They are quite powerful. Furthermore, it adds more miniatures which for some people add to the appeal of the game. The Relics included in the mythology deck are exceptionally powerful and are quite fun to set up as "spawned" items if you play a death-match variant.

In the end, you can't go wrong with both, budget permitting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.