Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi,

Situation at beginning of RPh:

Only 1 unit is broken, so only 1 rally is possible

In 1 hex:
- 1 broken non-self-rally capable unit with DM-Counter
- 1 non-broken leader

Per RPh 1 self-rally is given to an MMC. I read somewhere that the 1st self-rally should be the first MMC-Rally

Do I have to self-rally the broken unit first without making use of the leader? ...and by doing that not only losing the DRM of the leader, but also doing a +1DRM because of that being the first self-rally?

Or is it possible to skip that first self-rally of non-rally-capable MMC's and go straight to the rally helped by the leader?

Thanks for any help.

Lionel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can rally them with the leader, and at least with the full ASL rules, they even cannot try self rally if there is a good order leader present with them.

A10.63 wrote:
Self-Rally can never occur in a Location containing a Good Order friendly leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always use the benefits of a leader

Self rally is if you have a MMC without a leader , and should be rolled before any other rally attempts , including leader self rally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:
Self rally is if you have a MMC without a leader , and should be rolled before any other rally attempts , including leader self rally.

I'm not sure about the last part.

A10.63 wrote:
In addition, one MMC may attempt Field Promotion (18.11) as the first MMC Rally attempt of its own Player Turn.

It says first MMC Rally attempt, but doesn't say anything about Leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is true,
What I meant to of said in the last part is that it can be "helpful" when learning to get in the habit of rolling MMC self Rally first
players often forget this ability in the "fixating" of Leader Rally...

BTW, the rule is 3.1 (e) in the ASLSK rulebook

Quoting ASL rulebooks can be confusing
but we all do it , nature of the beast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
norev wrote:

A10.63 wrote:
In addition, one MMC may attempt Field Promotion (18.11) as the first MMC Rally attempt of its own Player Turn.

It says first MMC Rally attempt, but doesn't say anything about Leaders.

Read A18.11 that 10.63 is referring to.

Quote:
18.11 SELF-RALLY: The first MMC Rally attempt of a player's own RPh may be performed as Self-Rally regardless of Self-Rally capability (10.63) in an attempt to rally that MMC, provided there is no Good Order leader in that Location and the broken unit is not Disrupted (19.12).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you missed what we were saying Robin, but it was sorted out already anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And this only for the Phasing Player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
norev wrote:
I think you missed what we were saying Robin, but it was sorted out already anyway.
Ah yes I see.
I discipline myself to attempt all leaders self rallies first.
If some don't rally, the broken MMC which are stacked with them are candidates for the first MMC self rally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.