Subject: Steam Time £28.07 on Amazon UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Wood
United Kingdom
Newtownabbey
County Antrim
flag msg tools
The cost Steam Time on Amazon has been falling for the last few days - started at £40, currently at £28.07.

Link To Amazon Entry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can highly recommended it btw, the most fun Euro to come out within the last year for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think this is a very fun, interesting euro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
More Wine
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this is a first for me.

Not even a jiffy bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Forsyth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaveNilVino wrote:
Well this is a first for me.

Not even a jiffy bag.

I had a copy of Amerigo Delivered a few weeks ago from Amazon just like that. I complained and nothing happened. They told Me they would re-train the staff.

I have a photo somewhere just can't find it. Guess it's gone missing, Just like the packaging

Found It

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a game delivered like this last week. I emailed to report damage and explain my objections to Amazon, they said they were 'trialling' the scheme on certain products. Think they're selling it as a 'less-packaging-is-environmentally-friendly' thing (I'm sure the savings for them is a bigger factor though). Replacement game was sent in a proper box as usual.

Must admit if this becomes the norm, I'll go elsewhere to retailers who can deliver undamaged goods first time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InappropriateAndy wrote:
I had a game delivered like this last week. I emailed to report damage and explain my objections to Amazon, they said they were 'trialling' the scheme on certain products. Think they're selling it as a 'less-packaging-is-environmentally-friendly' thing (I'm sure the savings for them is a bigger factor though). Replacement game was sent in a proper box as usual.

Must admit if this becomes the norm, I'll go elsewhere to retailers who can deliver undamaged goods first time...

I think it's important that anyone that gets a package like this report it to Amazon. Only if they get enough objections will they stop it for this category of good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
InappropriateAndy wrote:

I think it's important that anyone that gets a package like this report it to Amazon. Only if they get enough objections will they stop it for this category of good.

I got either my Amerigo or Kingdom Builder big box like this from Amazon.de

There was very tiny superficial damage to a bit of the box, I rang up Amazon to complain and they offered me a partial discount (I think 10-15%).

Nice discount, but I'd have preferred to have the box wrapped properly instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For many products, the packaging is disposable. For a board game, the packaging is an important part of the product. It's a shame that Amazon know so little about the items that they are selling, or they wouldn't make this mistake. I suppose the "product knowledge manual" has been filed next to the "how to pay your taxes manual" at corporate HQ. So now there are two reasons not to grab at an Amazon "bargain".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.