5,071 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
32% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Marco F.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am developing a fanmade expansion for Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game (more about it here), and I'd like to make the new cards similar to the original ones. Here's where I need your help!

These are some cards from the game image collection on BGG:

What is the font GW is using there? Do you know any freeware font similar to it?

Many thanks for you help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sobr
msg tools
designer
It's been developed by FFG.

In the manual, it says people responsible for graphic design were WiL Springer, Brian Schomburg, and Andrew Navaro. Art direction was under Zoë Robinson.

I'm sure if you email any one of these guys, they will be more than happy to help you out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Wocken
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Freelance Game Graphic Designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always use the website: https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ and it has about a 60% success rate on figuring out what fonts were used.

If you happen to find PDFs of the cards, you can always check for embedded fonts in a program such as Acrobat Pro.

Good luck, and have a fun day!
—Peter

Edited for link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Optima to me (at least in the card text; not sure about the title font).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thompson
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fontspring.com/matcherator?matcherator_img=fosq6...

Ophian is close, Plastilin is sort of close, comes the closest to matching the 'K'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco F.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
singular_g_man wrote:
It's been developed by FFG. In the manual, it says people responsible for graphic design were WiL Springer, Brian Schomburg, and Andrew Navaro. Art direction was under Zoë Robinson.

I'm sure if you email any one of these guys, they will be more than happy to help you out!:

Even if they wanted to help me out, I am sure neither they would like to break copyright laws related to FFG copyright, nor would I! :-P

pandawear wrote:
You can always use the website: https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ and it has about a 60% success rate on figuring out what fonts were used.
Edited for link

THANKS!!! This website is amazing!!!

Thanks to everybody who answered my request, your responses have been very usefull...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco F.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Using the websites you indicated to recognize the fonts, I was able to create novel cards that seem very close to the original ones, and I am quite satisfied of the result.

Here you have a direct comparison. One original space marine card...

... and a new card created for the WG expansion!

Any suggestion about something I might have forgotten? I notice now there is no shadow at the feet of the marine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.