Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klaude Thomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Proposed is to replace the section entire with

"Whenever you have the chance to act, you can offer a binding deal to another player. To do so -

A. Choose a player and state the deal terms. You must state them out loud so that all players hear them.
B. Offer the chosen player one or more of your bureaucrats, taken from your House card. You can't offer a binding deal if you don't have any available bureaucrats.
C. The chosen player may refuse the deal. If they accept the deal, place your offered bureaucrats onto their House card.
D. The deal commences when you place your bureaucrats. Both players are bound by its terms (albeit they may be asymmetrical.)

You cannot offer further deals to your chosen player while you have bureaucrats on their House card, but you may accept deals they offer to you. At the end of each of your chosen player's turns, they must return one of your bureaucrats. The binding deal ends when none of your bureaucrats remain on their House card.

Deals cannot involve anything not afforded by the rules, such as transferring or revealing cards, ceding systems, or sharing victory. If the meaning of a deal is disputed, players vote to decide whose interpretation prevails; rolling a dice if necessary to break ties.
"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaude Thomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Over more games I found myself missing Dune's feature of deals coming to an end. And noticed players committing to deals that eventually proved problematic (due to being permanently binding). The proposed update imposes a cap of a few rounds on deal duration.

I also have an idea for a second more ambitious game in the same universe, that these rules may form a mechanically fundamental part of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaude Thomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

that sounds like a brilliant update. When will those new rules be reflected in the rule book? I had pledged for the PnP at Kickstarter and it would be nice to have up to date rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaude Thomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamiri wrote:
that sounds like a brilliant update. When will those new rules be reflected in the rule book? I had pledged for the PnP at Kickstarter and it would be nice to have up to date rules.

Thank you! It has worked extremely well in our playtests: really tightens up agreements. I'll email Andrew and see what he thinks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
I will play as the Atreides, Bene Gesserit, Emperor, Fremen, Guild, or Harkonnen.
badge
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
mbmbmbmbmb
vonklaude wrote:
Over more games I found myself missing Dune's feature of deals coming to an end. And noticed players committing to deals that eventually proved problematic (due to being permanently binding). The proposed update imposes a cap of a few rounds on deal duration.

I also have an idea for a second more ambitious game in the same universe, that these rules may form a mechanically fundamental part of...

I'm liable to go cyanotic if you take too long, so please, by all means, go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.