Hide
2 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Last nights game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Littlefinger93 Baelish
msg tools
Just thought I would write down the highlights of last nights game. We were 6 players. I was playing as Dorne, striking an early bargain/ alliance with Tyrell and convincing Baratheon that him taking Storms end would ultimately be the end of his chances to win. So I used my first few turns to expand and secure Dorne, My territories from starfall and prince's pass to storms end in the east. War broke out between Greyjoys and the Starks. they squabled back and fourth between mouat cailin. Baratheon seized the opportunety to seize the Eyrie and the narrow sea. He struck a bargain with Stark and launched a surprise attack at greyjoy right after he defeated stark and took moat cailin. Unfortunately for baratheon he misjudged and lost the battle. Meanwhile in the south Tyrell and Martell (myself) grew larger and set our eyes on Kings landing, Dragonstone and Lannister would join for cracklaw point. Our plan was to anihilate Baratheon, or so they thought.

Baratheon was devastated, he faced opposition from greyjoy, Lannisters, Tyrells and Martells, he had no hope or recovering.

I convinced Tyrell to seize Kings Landing, and while I took the kingswood. I mobilized my ships in the ESS and recalculated my strength. I realized then that my ships would not be able to break through the shipbreaker bay and I had no chance to win if I got dragonstone. It was at this moment I noticed an army in Highgarden, ready to march at Starfall, or so I thought. I made up my mind and when we fliped the orders my ships took the WSS, defeating tyrells navy. After that I took the reach from the boneway, and burned his support from princes pass. I sent a siege engine from Starfall to highgarden and seized it too. The betrayal hit Tyrell hard. I formed a strong aliance with Baratheon, after he saw what I did. In my own mind everything went according to plan. Playing Tyrell against Baratheon, then becoming Baratheons only friend secured me unconditional support. Baratheon seized the opportunety to secure KL. and the following turns I fought back and forth with Tyrell trying to secure Highgarden and Oldtown. It was lannisters second game and he was really passive, but supporting Tyrells, because of my betrayal.

Using Doran taking away Tyrells stars, he was all but finished. In turn 10, I was only needing Higharden and Oldtown to win. But alas I made a fatal mistake and Tyrell got the last laugh as he used Queen of Thorns and nullified my last march order going into oldtown... Lannisters tried to seize Cracklaw point but baratheons was too strong. The stag had licked his wounds and was now seizing the reach, trying for storms end but arianne stopped him. His last castle was white hardbor. My only whish was that he did not betray me to win. But he saw the throne and took it.

Essentially I became Kingmaker, saving baratheon so he could win. My mistake cost me the victory, 1 mistake, thats the beauty of this game.

The sad part is that nobody will trust me in this game anymore haha. I am under the impression that every game is a new game, forget old betrayals or the game becomes very boring. But I am certain my friends will keep calling me traitor in future games to come. We shall see. Does anyone else suffer from long term karma after a betrayal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Deever
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Littlefinger93 wrote:

The sad part is that nobody will trust me in this game anymore haha. I am under the impression that every game is a new game, forget old betrayals or the game becomes very boring. But I am certain my friends will keep calling me traitor in future games to come. We shall see. Does anyone else suffer from long term karma after a betrayal?

Sounds similar to my last six player game. Our last game I came in last place, but one player stood up and called me and the Stark player a couple of douche bags. Basically, I started the game off with a Lannister alliance. I made some mistakes early on and realized, I had zero chance of winning, so I might as well make the best of my alliance and help him take the thrown, riding his coat-tail of power if you will.

That's exactly what happened too. Lannister came in first. But the Stark player attacked the Baratheon player so Baratheon partially blamed his inability to do anything against the Stark player for the direct confrontation, but then blamed ME since I threw 100% of my support to the Lannister player.

I guess I'm the one who can't get over what happened last game in a sense. I agree that each game is a new game, but the way this guy handled himself by calling names and throwing a tantrum- I won't be playing with him any more.

As for game-play- I've noticed my buddies take their personality with them whenever we play. We have one guy who is a chronic backstabber and loves stirring the pot- so no matter what we play he is not to be trusted!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.