Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
We are about to play our first game (a 3 player game), and would like to have tips on what to do and what rules we might miss!!!

Is there optional variants that are must use to increase the fun or balance? Or are must use for three players game?

Is there a suggestion on what starting general to use for each player?

Thank you!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure to use the latest Living Rules here: http://www.gmtgames.com/success3/SUCCESSORS-LivingRules-2015...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just want to make sure what limited to once or twice during a segment means. During the Tychee phase, if I make a naval movement with an army with one card, I can no longer use ANOTHER card during my next turn to make a naval movement again right? I need to wait for the movement phase.

Same about a siege. If I use a 3 MP card I can make one siege attemp on a city. Then I can use another card to make another siege attemp agaisnt the same city. After that I need to siege somewhere else or wait the Movement phase to siege again that same spot right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See 3.4. You play one card during a round. In that round there are three different segments where you can attempt siege/subjugation. See the note on 15.5.

Again, you are allowed one naval move per segment (second paragraph of 9.14). You can play a Tyche card for the OPs, use that for a naval move, and then naval move one of your armies during the movement segment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can you force march the same army with multiple cards in the same round? I activate it once with a 3 point cards. Then when my turn comes again, I activate it again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK!!!! GOt it! Yes this segment, round and turn things got me confused! Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If playing with 3, then use Eumenes and have each player start with 3 generals. (The rules don't really say what to do with the unconquered Cappadocia nor a starting army for Eumenes, but I'd remove the Independent minor city marker where he starts and give him an army comparable to the other starting generals.)

Also, use the optional rule for generals where Seleucus is left out of the deck, and only enters if a player "purchases" him in the event they have a general killed in combat.

It's too powerful otherwise for a player who draws a general and gets him plus his army.

Other optional rules you can skip for now.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great thanks!!!

One more question about Naval Interception, you only count spaces for a marker via sea lines? So if a marker is not on the cost it cannot be used to incercept right? You cannot say, count one sea zone, and one road to a control marker?

And you cannot avoid battle when a naval interception is made right?

And making a naval interception makes you lose your champion status, while making a land interception makes the intercepted player lose his status if he decides to fight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an army move includes both land move and naval move, then it can only be intercepted at the point the army moves via sea paths. So, the intercepting player has to have a control marker within 2 sea paths of one of the spaces moved to via sea. Just think about it thematically--If the player's influence is close enough to the coastal space that the army moves into/through (in this game, defined as 2 moves away), then an intercept is possible. Remember a faction with no navy tiles can still move an army via navy, but cannot initiate an intercept.

I always use the optional interception rules, so I don't remember the rules for losing Champion status otherwise, but yes, you are correct that an army that is intercepted via navy may not back up a space and avoid combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.