Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Solarius Mission» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions on specific progress cards (15-19, 21-22). rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
15,16,17, & 19:
Quote:
Each time when the player completes a mission he may substitute one of the necessary resource kinds to complete it by (green/brown/yellow/black) resources.

Let's take the mission on card 6 as an example (Cost: 5 Black and 1 Brown from Column III) and say I have research 15 that let's my substitute in green. Does this mean
- I can replace 5 black with 5 green or replace the brown-III with a green-III.
OR
- I can replace 5 black with 4 black and 1 green or replace the brown-III with a green-III.

18:
Quote:
If the player places any action die here, he may buy 1 action point each in the color of his choice by paying 2 SpaceBucks each from his track. Purchased action points are added to the die points. The player then conducts the chosen die action.

I have no idea what this is saying, but here's my best guess:
1. Place a die on the card.
2. Choose any color.
3. Pay any number of bucks and receive 1 action point in that color for every 2 bucks spent. All of the purchased action points must be in the chosen color -- you may not purchase points in more than one color.
4. Use the purchased points to carry out an action in that color, either getting resources or performing the non-resource action for that color but not both.
5. Finally, carry out the action with the placed die as normal.

I feel like this is the only way it could be, but the rules would be missing several lines of text in that case and the line "Purchased action points are added to the die points." would be nonsensical. Why would the points be added to the die when you can already purchase as many extra points as you like without this card for two bucks each?

21:
Quote:
If the player places any action die here, he may freely divide his action points between the die actions taking resources and any “color” action.

It says "any" color action -- does that mean I can place a brown die here and perform the black die action (taking fuel)? Can I place a brown die here and take black resources?

22:
Quote:
: If the player places any action die here, he may exchange any number of resource points into fuel or SpaceBucks. He can either get fuel or SpaceBucks in a single turn. He then conducts the chosen die action.

Just to be sure, when it says "He can either get fuel or SpaceBucks in a single turn" that means the player can get only fuel or only spacebucks but not a mix of the two, correct?

Edit: Card 32 also has a typo. It says you gain a resource when you perform the research action but you actually gain a fuel/spacebuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
odes spielekiste
Germany
Horstmar-Leer
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
15,16,17, & 19:
Quote:
Each time when the player completes a mission he may substitute one of the necessary resource kinds to complete it by (green/brown/yellow/black) resources.

Let's take the mission on card 6 as an example (Cost: 5 Black and 1 Brown from Column III) and say I have research 15 that let's my substitute in green. Does this mean
- I can replace 5 black with 5 green or replace the brown-III with a green-III.
OR
- I can replace 5 black with 4 black and 1 green or replace the brown-III with a green-III.

You substitute one kind of required resource with the resource that is indicated on the card. So if black and brown is needed and you have yellow as a joker you can either spend the required resources in yellow and brown or black and yellow.

golden_cow2 wrote:

18:
Quote:
If the player places any action die here, he may buy 1 action point each in the color of his choice by paying 2 SpaceBucks each from his track. Purchased action points are added to the die points. The player then conducts the chosen die action.

I have no idea what this is saying,

Normally you are bound for the die action to the color the die has. And when buying additional action points you have to buy the points for that die. With this research you can buy additional poits in one different color. Example: You have a die with 2 points in yellow and want to take resources for those two points. If you, lets say, spend 4 space bucks for another two points you can get 2 additional resources and they don't have to be yellow.

golden_cow2 wrote:

21:
Quote:
If the player places any action die here, he may freely divide his action points between the die actions taking resources and any “color” action.

It says "any" color action -- does that mean I can place a brown die here and perform the black die action (taking fuel)? Can I place a brown die here and take black resources?

No. Normally you have to deceide for the action die to either get reources in that color or take the action in color. Example: For a black die you can either get black resources or fuel. But not both on the same turn. This resarch allows you to take both in one action. Example: You have 3 action points in black. You normally would get 3 black resources or 3 fuel. With this research you can get one resource and 2 fuel. Or any other combination.

golden_cow2 wrote:

22:
Quote:
: If the player places any action die here, he may exchange any number of resource points into fuel or SpaceBucks. He can either get fuel or SpaceBucks in a single turn. He then conducts the chosen die action.

Just to be sure, when it says "He can either get fuel or SpaceBucks in a single turn" that means the player can get only fuel or only spacebucks but not a mix of the two, correct?

Correct.

golden_cow2 wrote:

Edit: Card 32 also has a typo. It says you gain a resource when you perform the research action but you actually gain a fuel/spacebuck.

Thanks for the hint. I will see what I can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vice port
msg tools
For card 22:
What is "resource points"?
It means one LV3 resource is worth 3 resource points?
And the resource should be the same color with the action dice u put on card 22?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
odes spielekiste
Germany
Horstmar-Leer
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
postbird2016 wrote:

It means one LV3 resource is worth 3 resource points?

Yes.

postbird2016 wrote:

And the resource should be the same color with the action dice u put on card 22?

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.