Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Solarius Mission» Forums » Rules

Subject: Exchanging Fuel/Bucks into Resources rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
For the exchange anytime action the rules say
Quote:
Note: The resource value according to the column counts, not the number of cubes.

Does this mean that in order to place a resource on an III space this way I would have to pay 6 fuel/bucks?

Just making sure because every other time resources are gained it's based on the number of cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
odes spielekiste
Germany
Horstmar-Leer
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
For the exchange anytime action the rules say
Quote:
Note: The resource value according to the column counts, not the number of cubes.

Does this mean that in order to place a resource on an III space this way I would have to pay 6 fuel/bucks?

Just making sure because every other time resources are gained it's based on the number of cubes.

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same/Similar topic, different question.

Page 10, d.1, Exchanging.
rulebook wrote:
At any time during his player turn the player may exchange
stuff with the “pool”. He transfers a certain amount of his
resources/fuel/SpaceBucks to the pool and receives a certain
amount of resources/fuel/SpaceBucks in exchange from the
pool. The player mat shows the “terms of trade” at the top.
There are the following options:
• Fuel or SpaceBucks into resouces at the rate of 2:1
• Resources into fuel or Space Bucks at the rate of 2:1

Can this be done as many times as desired? Or is it once-per-turn?

Meaning so long as I have resources/fuel/SpaceBucks, I can keep exchanging them (2:1) to get to the resource I'm looking for. Yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
odes spielekiste
Germany
Horstmar-Leer
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. But it is actually limited, because the fuels and money tracks are limited to 10. So all exchanges are limited by the track. But actually the exchange rates are quite bad. This is normally used as a emergency. You try to avoid it but sometimes it might help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.