14 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Stupid question about Shop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
yoann arrouet
msg tools
Hello,

it will be stupid, but I really want to be 100% sure before buying : are every single Minifigs from Shop are usable in game ? Even pinups ?

I don't have the game yet, I hope to buy it with next KS, but thinking about buying Expansions and standalone figs while they are available.

Second one : if I leave in europe, do I have to order from EU warehouse or can I order from US warehouse ? Cause it looks like EU is always empty contrary to US

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cohen
United States
Shrewsbury Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Only expansions include game content. The only exception that I know of is the pin up collection that includes 2 game cards.

I am from the US and was able to order from the Canada warehouse, so give it a shot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can order from any warehouse wherever you are. You just need to make separate orders from each warehouse and if ordering from a warehouse that doesn't normally supply items to your shipping address then you will be contacted to make an additional shipping payment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevenson Junior
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the pinups' size. If they are the same as the main game, you can easily use them as survivors. I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There were a few others that had gameplay material (Gear cards) with them:
• GenCon exclusive sci-fi Twilight Knight (2 promo lantern Gear Cards)
• Halloween special (Jack 'o Lantern promo gear card)
• Xmas special (Xmaxe promo gear card)

But on the whole, most resin figures don't have gameplay material with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, other than those mentioned, none come with rules.

in the case of humans, this doesn't generally matter since they're just very nice pawns, in the case of monsters, there's nothing you can really swap them as, so those are just for display, since even if they eventually get rules, you can't buy those separately of the plastic (duplicate) model.

a large number of the pinups/other singles can be reasonably used as regular survivors, and some even have gear sets that are pretty representative of what you'd want them to take, but some don't have weapons that make sense or would need to take some suspension of disbelief.

Good example:
The Fighter is mostly naked, with an axe, sword, and big shield. This is a pretty useful set of gear later on, since good shields compensate for lack of worn armor.

Bad example:
The Thief has an umbrella, and it would be a pretty serious stretch to call that a... club? spear? shield? She's got a couple small swords on her pack, but that's not very obvious.

Worse example:
the dragon sacrifice and lantern whatever she is don't have weapons, and barely have armor. Fairly hard to approximate what that represents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
buddybuch wrote:
Hello,

it will be stupid, but I really want to be 100% sure before buying : are every single Minifigs from Shop are usable in game ? Even pinups ?

I don't have the game yet, I hope to buy it with next KS, but thinking about buying Expansions and standalone figs while they are available.

Second one : if I leave in europe, do I have to order from EU warehouse or can I order from US warehouse ? Cause it looks like EU is always empty contrary to US

Thanks

As others said. Some people replace the survivors will the female pinups, but no, they're not meant for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:

Good example:
The Fighter is mostly naked, with an axe, sword, and big shield. This is a pretty useful set of gear later on, since good shields compensate for lack of worn armor.

Bad example:
The Thief has an umbrella, and it would be a pretty serious stretch to call that a... club? spear? shield? She's got a couple small swords on her pack, but that's not very obvious.

Worse example:
the dragon sacrifice and lantern whatever she is don't have weapons, and barely have armor. Fairly hard to approximate what that represents.

Provided you care about such things, that is. I mean, there's nothing stopping you from playing the whole thing with the starting survivors (I have been so far).

Plenty of people don't model survivors as intended because it's too much work to break everything apart after every year and rebuild/paint. Some have done this with magnets, but that's a very large investment in time and magnets (but the results are awesome if you have the time/money/patience - I plan on doing it eventually) or choose to use the armor kits to immortalize feats/favorite survivors, and some have even sold off their armor kits entirely.

So yeah, you can use pinups as survivors if you want, but most don't add anything to the game beyond being added survivor variety (which is hardly needed, but welcomed by some that prefer the pinup aesthetic).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, played our first campaign with just the starters and just a few monsters built, and we now generally just pick a model with the right weapon and/or armor that easiest to keep track of who's who, since completely accurate WYSIWYG is pretty rough, as even magnetization doesn't account for pants and shoes being separate.

But the question was, are they usable, and, I guess, to clarify- you can use anything as a pawn, including toy soldiers and balls of tin foil, since actual volume doesn't really matter on a grid, so technically everything's usable.

A more specific question would be, are they useful? And I think my response covers that- some can represent builds reasonably well, while others can't, and they don't have rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yoann arrouet
msg tools
Thank you for answers.

So figs like Black Knight, flower Knight or Chosen are only for display and have no use in game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Black knight looks very likely to be released later in plastic (I'd be very surprised if it wasn't eventually), Flower Knight is a smaller and more detailed version of what already has game rules released (which don't come with the resin one I assume you're talking about), but generally the human-sized minis are just stand-in survivors, so have a use, but no rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What settlement event does the Christmas White speaker have? The others are listed on bbg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Story in the Snow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.