47.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I can't seem to make the "Adv. Search" work to do what I want -- does anyone know if there is a way to search my collection not just for games that *support* three players or more, but that *require* three players or more?

To put it another way, I'd like to view my personal collection with all games filtered out that can be played solo or for two players.

Thanks for reading!

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Number of players: 3 to [blank] and click "Exact (include games that only support exactly this range)"?

Seems to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Number of players: 3 to [blank] and click "Exact (include games that only support exactly this range)"?

Seems to work.

Hooray! That does seem to get me where I want to go -- thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It gets you to the next question: does the game actually play well with that number? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
It gets you to the next question: does the game actually play well with that number? devil

Yeah: Container with 3? Um....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Diplomacy with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:

I know you're kidding around, but for what I'm doing right now, I'm less concerned about the "plays best with" count. I'm pruning down my collection and thought I'd chip out a few that are mandatory multiplayer games and sell or trade those, since there's less chance of playing them.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm most interested in the "plays best with" numbers as well, but so far as I know you can't get that number with Advanced Search. Even if you could, the reliability would vary because some games have few if any voting on which numbers work best. (I find that I can usually glean that info from the comments using Analyze, but I have an unusually large geekbuddy list.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this: http://bggview.retrobox.eu/view.html?username=YourScreenName

It can sort your collection by:
Allows 5
Good with 5
Max 5

(or any other number)

It's a really pretty and efficient tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EllenCaroline wrote:
Try this: http://bggview.retrobox.eu/view.html?username=YourScreenName

It can sort your collection by:
Allows 5
Good with 5
Max 5

(or any other number)

It's a really pretty and efficient tool.

That's totally spiffy!! thumbsup

It doesn't do what I initially wanted that I can see, which would have been "Min 3", but it's still a nifty tool to know about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.