Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Drew_the_Hannity_of_RSP [+] [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Several good laughs at the DNC's expense.

Tim Kaine... a human sweater vest. Literally a portrait of the guy who came with the frame. he he he.

Awesome Tilda Swinton non-sequitor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallelujah, Brothers! Pastor Oliver has delivered another convicting message with calls to repentance! Raise your hand if you felt the fire burning in your heart!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it true that if you delete your social media accounts, John Oliver ceases to exist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to you getting your sense of humor out of the blind trust after the election is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
I look forward to you getting your sense of humor out of the blind trust after the election is over.

I look forward to the day when "comedian" isn't just a synonym for "political operative" and "humor" means more than just raising and eyebrow while tapping a pencil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a reason Johnny Carson ruled the airwaves and everyone wanted to be on his show. Modern talk-show hosts could learn something from studying his style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You really owe it to yourself to at least watch the "and now this" at the end. It's hilarious and has nothing to do with trump!

https://youtu.be/BUCnjlTfXDw?t=16m22s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to watch it. I really did. I counted the jokes in this order waiting for some at the expense of the democrats and eventually tapped out at 2:37.

2 intro jokes n/a
1 debbie wasser man joke (meh ok I guess)
1 florida joke
1 nra ? joke
1 audience

I tapped out at this point as the joke was Michelle's fake black inflection she does to pander, but he went for the audience clapping.

I prefer my comedy to have more of an edge to it then this. He went after easy targets and failed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
You really owe it to yourself to at least watch the "and now this" at the end. It's hilarious and has nothing to do with trump!

You misunderstand me. I don't care. I'm exhausted by the number of viral videos of John Oliver or someone of his ilk ("ilk" has the proper connotations) destroying or obliterating some straw man or otherwise shooting fish in a barrel. It's lazy. It makes us stupid. And it's why Trump.

You share a John Oliver video then you're part of the problem with political discourse in the U.S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I prefer my comedy to have more of an edge to it then this. He went after easy targets and failed.

"Edgy" would require a comedian to not simply tout DNC talking points in front of a like-minded audience.

There is nothing edgy about John Oliver or any of the other political operatives masquerading as comedians. We will look back on this era as the nadir of comedy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

You misunderstand me. I don't care. I'm exhausted by the number of viral videos of John Oliver or someone of his ilk ("ilk" has the proper connotations) destroying or obliterating some straw man or otherwise shooting fish in a barrel. It's lazy. It makes us stupid. And it's why Trump.

You share a John Oliver video then you're part of the problem with political discourse in the U.S.

It must wear you out posting so many times about things you don't care about!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you remember Jon Stewart's famous "You're hurting America!" rant? Stewart then became exactly what he was complaining about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
I thought it funny. The bit about tanning beds was great as well.

But Oliver raised an interesting point which I did not consider. Of course, I am proud to report I watch nary a second of either convention, so how would I know. Anyway, according to Oliver, the Democrats were more patriotic, flag-waving, and jingoistic than the Republicans, and that's pretty much a 180 for both groups.

They should have given The Daily Show to Oliver. The new guy seems lost. Interesting, though, how these kinds of shows are lefty, but no righty comedy talk-show exists. Wonder why that is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

It must wear you out posting so many times about things you don't care about!

Shut up and get off Drew's lawn. He has more important things to do, like searching around for something to blame on Obama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
This demonstration is not authorized and is in clear violation of Mall of America policy.
badge
Those who continue to demonstrate will be subject to arrest.
mbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Do you feel similarly about Rush Limbaugh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, between Slater and now Drew, it is really starting to drive me crazy.

What's with the double posting? You can contain multiple responses within a single post or even edit additional commentary back into a post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

But Oliver raised an interesting point which I did not consider. Of course, I am proud to report I watch nary a second of either convention, so how would I know. Anyway, according to Oliver, the Democrats were more patriotic, flag-waving, and jingoistic than the Republicans, and that's pretty much a 180 for both groups.

They should have given The Daily Show to Oliver. The new guy seems lost. Interesting, though, how these kinds of shows are lefty, but no righty comedy talk-show exists. Wonder why that is?

Wait, have you never watched Fox News? It is just a different type of humor, more like Lewis Black. You are supposed to laugh at them rather than with them, unfortunately most conservatives don't get the joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Is it true that if you delete your social media accounts, John Oliver ceases to exist?

There's only one way to find out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rost
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

Interesting, though, how these kinds of shows are lefty, but no righty comedy talk-show exists. Wonder why that is?

Righty comedy talk-shows exist. Check out both Hannity and The O'Reilly Factor on Fox, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Do you feel similarly about Rush Limbaugh?

He claims all kinds of things I find reprehensible as "funny". Paul Shanklin's songs not funny, Dennis Miller occasionally funny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

Dennis Miller is still pretty funny tho he doesn't have a show right now.

I know Samantha Bee prefers the weekly format and it's possible Oliver prefers a weekly format as well. Time to dig a little deeper. Less work stress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

Isn't Red Eye still on? They're too busy on that "new fangled" medium AM radio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I checked up on Miller...

Seems more of a right wing speaker now than a comedian but could be that's his shtick on the o'reilley show.

Also, unlike oliver, miller could find no wrong with the RNC- which is pretty incredible considering what went down at the RNC.

It's interesting the way the right has ignored things like both republican presidents skipping the convention (unprecedented) (as well as many other senior republican officials who have been at prior RNCs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
spookyblast wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Interesting, though, how these kinds of shows are lefty, but no righty comedy talk-show exists. Wonder why that is?

Righty comedy talk-shows exist. Check out both Hannity and The O'Reilly Factor on Fox, for example.

No thanks. I'd have to have cable. And then I'd actually have to waste time sitting in front of the television when I could be doing something productive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Drew1365 wrote:
No thanks. I'd have to have cable. And then I'd actually have to waste time sitting in front of the television when I could be doing something productive.

Oh sure, be adult and productive and reasonable and rational. Fine, go right ahead...

Honestly, I think if football, soccer, and basketball games weren't on, I could live without TV myself. Although I do like Big Bang Theory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.