Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a playmat I'd like to print. Where can I get it printed in the US affordably? I heard about printing it on vinyl banners but local banner shops quote me around $130USD. That's too much. Under $50 is my target budget. Online printers are fine also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
inkedgaming.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Inkedplaymats cost is $80 for a 48x48 rubberized cloth playmat. Even with their 20% deal going, that's $64.

Anyone else have ideas to get the price down? I'd be fine with a vinyl banner material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my Armada and X-Wing playmats at bannersonthecheap.com. With shipping, a 3x6 ran me less than $25, and a 3x3 ran me $15. I don't think they're as durable as the rubberized mats, and they can be a little slick. They're also a lot less expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
O Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I printed a 4x6 vinyl banner from VistaPrint for $39 shipped (they had a 50% off coupon). I was really pleased with the result (I added red/green semi-transparent overlays to a NASA Hubble space image to create a 3x6 play area with the starting layout on either end marked).

You can also do a search in the X-Wing forums for playmat, and a few other suggestions should come up (for example, Re: printing own playmat).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great ideas, guys. Thanks. Those are the kinds of things I'm looking for!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
God rest you merry
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
ctb2501 wrote:
I printed a 4x6 vinyl banner from VistaPrint for $39 shipped (they had a 50% off coupon). I was really pleased with the result (I added red/green semi-transparent overlays to a NASA Hubble space image to create a 3x6 play area with the starting layout on either end marked).

You can also do a search in the X-Wing forums for playmat, and a few other suggestions should come up (for example, Re: printing own playmat).

I went with vistaprint as well, only went with a 2x4 banner of Hubble shot of Westerlund 2. Cost even less and is perfect for casual play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck smith
United States
brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
https://www.bannersonthecheap.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm...

Summer sale for the next few days, 14% off and free shipping. A custom printed 3x3ft cost only $13!!!!

I haven't received it yet, so I don't know about the quality.

I'll update later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two vinyl playmats, from before the FFG ones were available, and a week ago finally got the FFG ones, too. They're so much nicer to play on - both because they look absolutely stunning (much better than I thought), and because they're a joy to touch and move your ships on.

If you can somehow find the money, the FFG ones are absolutely worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought a custom playmat from inkedgaming.com and it was $60 shipped. It looks gorgeous! user Rytackle from Mynock Squadron podcast photoshopped up starkiller base and put the 30mb file on the FFG forums for anyone to print. It REALLY looks good.

I also have a Stele Open playmat, the inked gaming one is slightly thinner. Its almost identical to the FFG playmats. Rolls up nicely with the other ones!

I hear inkedgaming has 45% off sales a couple times a year, may be worth the wait for a nicer mat. I've played on the banner ones and they scratch pretty easy if someone has acrylic stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like the idea of waiting for inkedgaming to have the 45% sale. That's the best idea so far. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for quality. I think I'd pay close to $50 for a good quality custom mat on sale.

I should have mentioned that I'm trying to print a HEXwing playmat, 36x36in with 18x18 hexes. So I'd do the NASA high res space photo overplayed with a photoshop numbered hex grid.

Thanks for all the great ideas.

PS: that star killer base mat sounds GREAT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbrundin wrote:
I have a playmat I'd like to print. Where can I get it printed in the US affordably? I heard about printing it on vinyl banners but local banner shops quote me around $130USD. That's too much. Under $50 is my target budget. Online printers are fine also.

-----------------------------------
Purchase Details
Description:2 Inch Hexes - 72x45in - Deep Space - to USA - Rolled Mat - FedEX Ground, Item#:9802_2
Unit price:$48.99 USD
Qty:1
Shipping and handling: $22.00 USD
Total: $70.99 USD

Payment: $70.99 USD
Payment sent to: erichotz@shaw.ca

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Echod Graphics. a basic 3'x3' mat is $23.50 including standard shipping in the mainland US.

I've done 4'x6' mats for $60 or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cauldronofevil wrote:
Dbrundin wrote:

Purchase Details
Description:2 Inch Hexes - 72x45in - Deep Space - to USA - Rolled Mat - FedEX Ground, Item#:9802_2
Unit price:$48.99 USD
Qty:1
Shipping and handling: $22.00 USD
Total: $70.99 USD

Payment: $70.99 USD
Payment sent to: erichotz@shaw.ca

I think you missed the bit where he's stated a couple of times now that he's looking to spend less than $50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the FFG mats are actually cheaper than the worse vinyl alternatives - they go for $30-$40 online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you all. To clarify: I want ideas for where to print 3x3ft CUSTOM star maps in the USA for less than $50.

I want to make HEXwing maps which have the space background but overlayed with hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbrundin wrote:
Thank you all. To clarify: I want ideas for where to print 3x3ft CUSTOM star maps in the USA for less than $50.

I want to make HEXwing maps which have the space background but overlayed with hexes.

I'll upload some files that might help.
As for printing and cost, this will depend on what is available in your area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.