Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen Cloak and Dagger Comics mentioned here on BGG, and thought I'd check it out while visiting Florida. But I'm here at the store's address in Ormond Beach, and, well, it's a counseling center. I take it Cloak and Dagger had closed? 799 S. Nova?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I found it. 729 S. Nova. Whoops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

That would have been a crappy trip wasted driving from Maryland to Florida and then finding the store closed, huh?

It has been years since I was in that store- glad to hear it is still open. Does it sell board games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Morgan
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used t go there all the time when I was a kid - just to buy comics though. Between that shop and some little hole-in-the-wall used bookstore on Nova Road (long demolished) I was all set.

I wonder who owns the joint now - it moved about 25 or so years back from directly ON the street to the little strip of shops a bit off the road and I seem to recall the original owner may have handed it off to his son?

Wow..

It's across town now... where Stavros Pizza once was (at the end of that plaza). Not too far from where my old bookshop was.

Oh... the feels ... I'm so old!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
volnon wrote:

That would have been a crappy trip wasted driving from Maryland to Florida and then finding the store closed, huh?

It has been years since I was in that store- glad to hear it is still open. Does it sell board games?

Not a huge amount of games. Did have a decent clearance section with games 50 percent off. I picked up the Carentan expansion for Heroes of Normandie. They also had Field Commander: Rommel, Field Commander: Alexander, Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game (deluxe version in the footlocker), a bunch of Eurogames (which I don't play, so the titles didn't stick in my head), and a few deckbuilding games.

(Fortunately, I also have some family members to visit, so I could still salvage the trip from Maryland even had the store been closed. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.