Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Thompson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PrezCon 24 ‘The Winter Nationals” Feb 20th-26th 2017

We are planning over 100 Tournaments and many demo events. 24 hour Open Gaming will be allowed starting Monday Morning at 9am. We also have a sold-out Dealers Hall. PrezCon is the place for gamers. Once you pay your registration fee, there are no additional fees to enter games. (NO TICKETS) So one price pays for all the gaming you can cram in over the convention. Make your plans to attend now. Go to this link and make your reservations today: http://www.prezcon.com/hotel/hotel.aspx

PrezCon Open Gaming!

Open gaming will be in the Promenade Ballroom, Giorgio's and the main hotel foyer. The PrezCon Games Library will be in the Promenade ballroom and is open to all who are attending the con. Demo events will be run throughout the convention in the Promenade Foyer at the bottom of the main staircase leading to the Promenade Ballroom.

CONVENTION PRICES

$70: Full week full gaming badge ($80 at the door)
$50: Full week open gaming badge ($60 at the door)
$35: Full week Jr badge (12 and under) for playing in adult games ($40 at the door)

Daily badges:
$65: Friday and Saturday (pre-reg not available)
$50: Any 2 days except Fri-Sat (pre-reg not available)
$30: Any 1 day. If you stay longer the applicable multi-day badge price will apply (pre-reg not available)
FREE: Junior Badge (12 and under). Allows Open Gaming and Junior Events only. To play in adult tournaments, register as an adult
DETAILS

If you pre-reg as a Player by Jan 31st we give you a free Shirt and you save $10. The open gaming pre-registration saves you $10 off the door price and gives you the opportunity to buy a souvenir for a small cost. Registration is all-inclusive - you don't have to pay additional fees to enter games. (NO TICKETS) One price pays for all the gaming you can cram into the convention week.

WHEN YOU GET HERE:
1. Once you arrive just stop by the registration desk to check-in and pick-up your Name badge. That is where you also pick up any gifts or souvenirs.
2. If you didn't pre-register, the registration desk just inside the main Ballroom foyer will be where you get registered.
3. You will receive a name badge which is your ticket to all of our events. Please wear it so we can see it please.

DEALERS ROOM

We have GMT, Columbia Games and Worthington Publishing to name a few. The dealers room is open Friday-Sat 10am-6pm and Sun 10am-2pm.

REGISTER NOW
You can now pre-register for PrezCon 2017. Remember you save $10 off the door price by signing up early!

Go to http://prezcon.com/register/member_registration.aspx

Contact info: Justin Thompson
kingmaker@prezcon.com
434-531-9191

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wolfe
United States
Imperial
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have enjoyed going to this convention regularly over the past five years. I am seeking a roommate to split the cost of the double bed hotel room I have reserved on the executive floor (free breakfast )

If you are interested in potentially saving some expense and splitting the room, please private message me for details.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bush
United States
Spring Grove
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How 'soloable' is PrezCon. I'm considering going but I'm not sure if I can convince a group to come with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Derwood
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers, Winter Game Fest, etc.
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
bushbrianw wrote:
How 'soloable' is PrezCon. I'm considering going but I'm not sure if I can convince a group to come with me.

I go "solo," but know lots of gamers from other mid-Atlantic cons and gaming groups. Even people with social challenges can easily go from one scheduled tourney game to the next the whole week, and there are lots of demos to attend. Anyway, you can play with your own group at home. Cons are for new games, new strategies in familiar games, and getting your unbeaten ass kicked by a bigger fish from a strange pond. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bush
United States
Spring Grove
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:
bushbrianw wrote:

I go "solo," but know lots of gamers from other mid-Atlantic cons and gaming groups. Even people with social challenges can easily go from one scheduled tourney game to the next the whole week, and there are lots of demos to attend. Anyway, you can play with your own group at home. Cons are for new games, new strategies in familiar games, and getting your unbeaten ass kicked by a bigger fish from a strange pond.

Sounds good I'm going to definitely consider (aka convince wife to let me) going. Either way I'm at least planning on seeing you in January in Rockville Eric. Maybe if I go to PrezCon we can actually get a game in together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The one thing PrezCon does better than any other gaming convention I have attended is gamer-friendly food. There is a food and drink concession vendor right outside the main gaming hall, so it's usually less than five minutes to get your food/drink/whatever and get back to your games. They have standard fare (cold cuts and beverages stacked in a freezer) and specific menu items offered at various times (lunch, dinner and often a late night dessert).

Open gaming at PrezCon for me has been a little bit hit or miss, so coming with a group can be an advantage. One of the issues is the fact that the open gaming room is somewhat isolated from the main tournament area, so mixing between the two groups can be an issue. But, usually I have had a good time there and can recommend, already booked my room for 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Derwood
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers, Winter Game Fest, etc.
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
bushbrianw wrote:

Sounds good I'm going to definitely consider (aka convince wife to let me) going. Either way I'm at least planning on seeing you in January in Rockville Eric. Maybe if I go to PrezCon we can actually get a game in together.

I'm not running Winter Game Fest in Rockville any more (GCOM board will run it), but will BE there and actually getting to PLAY! I do have to help my wife with the snack bar on occasion, and will do some other support tasks to help GCOM.

I'm GM for the inaugural Scythe tourney at Prezcon (with a Scythe metal coin set as bonus prize for winner!), so you can definitely find me there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.