$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
32.6% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Niclas Lundberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The heroes seem to gain quite a bit more than the overlord from them, win or lose (thinking about the search cards/gold)..

The extra threat from playing an advanced quest doesn't feel worth it..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silidus
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
It depends on which rumor cards you are referring to. The ones from the Lair of the Wyrm (quests) are terrible, and should not be played by the OL since they give the heroes far too much loot, XP and there is very little reward for the OL (I think many people house rule that the quest reward is not applied when playing quests from rumor cards, and reduce the number of search tokens on each map).

The newer rumor card (quests) that come with the hero/monster packs are excellent, and should always be played. They grant a really nice bonus to the OL if the heroes choose not to complete them, are fairly balanced, and do not reward gold/xp outside of the 2-3 search tokens on the map. If you are playing with a plot deck, this is an excellent way to rack up some threat tokens as the OL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agreed. I hope 1.7 errata will fix this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Lundberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay nice!
Thanks, I'll remove Lair of the Wyrm rumors then
Are the other box-expansions rumors ok??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
Strictly speaking by the rules, if you include any elements from Lair of the Wyrm, you include all of them. Rumor cards are part of it. You don't have to play those Rumors (unless the heroes get a travel event saying you do) but you can't simply not include them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
foxreinard wrote:
Strictly speaking by the rules, if you include any elements from Lair of the Wyrm, you include all of them. Rumor cards are part of it. You don't have to play those Rumors (unless the heroes get a travel event saying you do) but you can't simply not include them.

Strictly speaking, if he wants to cut the sleeves off his shirt, he can wear it without sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
Your response is why I added the words "by the rules", albeit not clearly enough apparently. Rulebook states what I mentioned. If someone chooses to not follow the rulebook, that is up to them and I am in no position to tell them how to play.

All I am able to do is remind someone when it appears that they may have overlooked a specific rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silidus
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
I think the easiest way to rectify the rewards quests for the Lair of the Wyrm and Trollfens is to assume that if the quest is not completed before the Interlude/Finale then it is considered 'won by the OL'. At the any of any side quest that is played, the only reward earned is the reward on the card, not what is listed in the 'victory' section of the quest book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.