Subject: Questing Card Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theo Peters
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love games, books, movies, that involve questing, adventuring, battles, and loot! I'm really loving playing Zombicide: Black Plague, but it takes forever to set up and play. Are there any games that have this sort of questing/adventuring feel, but in a card game? I'm not sure if Dungeon Roll is the answer because I've never played it. If it were solo, that'd be ideal, but cooperative and competitive are good too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Strobel
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gstrobe188 wrote:

This, and: Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

I doubt that Dungeon Roll will satisfy you in the long run. Besides the fact that it's not a card game, it's just a small filler with no player interaction at all.

They are all quite different games though, so it depends on what you are looking for in detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps a PnP:

Barbarian Vince, 54 cards, that's all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zauberschwert & Drachenei (+ both expansions)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serhiy Saf
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kyur wrote:

I highly recommend these games!
The Lord of the Rings LCG is more thematic & almost every new quest is different. Very strong feeling of real adventure!
Quick setup, cards are the main component, questing guaranteed! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assault on Doomrock is my current favorite of this type of game. It's quick to setup, and uses a great, very challenging abstracted tactical combat system. Total play time may seem long, but the game is played in three stages, each with an adventuring and a combat phase, so I like to think of it as a mini-campaign.

I don't like the LotR LCG because it requires you to construct decks before you can play a scenario. It's also a money pit.

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game is also pretty good, though.

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set is a money-pit _and_ it's boring as hell - not recommended!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Serhiious wrote:
Kyur wrote:

I highly recommend these games!
The Lord of the Rings LCG is more thematic & almost every new quest is different. Very strong feeling of real adventure!
Quick setup, cards are the main component, questing guaranteed! )

It's also one of the best solo games in my opinion and the artworks are just fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.