7 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: (June Spoilers) rule question of timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The equipment say " does not take an action" - does this mean they can be played at any time on anyone's turn? The cure positive mutation of not needing an action seems to be allowed at any time, can these too?
For example, play the hazmat suit for someone else? I get that it only applies to your city, but someone else may also be in your city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Brookville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Its a little difficult to know exactly what you are asking, but I'll give it a shot.

If the equipment card also says "Play at any time" or similar, then it can be played at any time on anybody's turn. If it just says something about "not taking an action" it should still be played on the equipment holder's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick reply, I will try to clarify -
The positive mutation says "you no longer need to spend an action to Discover a Cure for this disease." No where does it say 'any time' but the interpretation is any time.
Most of the equipment are pretty clear when you can do them, except: Field Hospital, could it be done on another player's turn, (assuming they share the city to take advantage of it)? The others seem to depend on "you" doing something, or say " any time ".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Osterholm

College Station
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ldayjones wrote:
The positive mutation says "you no longer need to spend an action to Discover a Cure for this disease." No where does it say 'any time' but the interpretation is any time.
Most of the equipment are pretty clear when you can do them, except: Field Hospital, could it be done on another player's turn, (assuming they share the city to take advantage of it)? The others seem to depend on "you" doing something, or say " any time ".

FWIW, the rules under "discover a cure" at least say that with that positive mutation, you can do it when it's not your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eriko wrote:
Ldayjones wrote:

FWIW, the rules under "discover a cure" at least say that with that positive mutation, you can do it when it's not your turn.

Or even during the draw from the player deck phase of your turn, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Correct. But not before resolving Epidemics and discarding down to your hand size limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found an answered post in the 'infrequently asked questions' faq page that states equipment are not played like event cards because so many cannot be played at any time.

I am still curious if the field hospital can be played any time?

Otherwise, the rest seem pretty clearly only on tiur turn, meeting certain conditions, unless 'any time' is explicitly stated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.