Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if you can't play a card and must draw but the deck is gone, what do you do? We kept playing because one player had it to make the final connection. But 2 players couldn't play a card and couldn't draw. Rules don't say that I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CP Face
msg tools
Re: Running out of Trail card deck
Good question. Since the rules don't cover it, I'd say just pass until someone who has a playable card comes up. And in the event of complete stalemate, just pick any card, even if it doesn't match up. The whole mechanic of lining up the trail seems like it's just a way to force you to play a card you'd rather not anyway.

Another interpretation is that the game would just end in failure if you have no way to continue forward, but the game's hard enough as it is; I wouldn't go with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Rabb
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We got close to running out of cards but never quite did. Since the rules don't say what to do with dead player's trail cards, I figured just shuffle them up and put them at the bottom of the draw deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official answer:

Quote:
If you run out of Trail cards before getting to Oregon (which I believe is what happened to you there), you should take the first few piles of Trail cards from the beginning, shuffle, and they are back into play. If you cannot play a Trail card from your hand, then you should draw from the Trail pile...no one may be skipped - the Trail is unforgiving!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Lee
msg tools
mrabb34 wrote:
We got close to running out of cards but never quite did. Since the rules don't say what to do with dead player's trail cards, I figured just shuffle them up and put them at the bottom of the draw deck.

Hiya. We bought the game tonight. Not sure if they've revised the rules pamphlet since the first version, but I see this:

Quote:
2. Dead players' Trail Cards are placed on the bottom of the Trail Card pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.