Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I will have the 1st Edition of AtB arriving in the mail from a recent math trade along with the marsh map. I've been interested in Conflict of Heroes for sometime, but never quite bit the bullet. I'm also very interested in the acquiring the solo expansion, because I have a feeling I may be playing this alone more. Now, I just heard that it is recommended that I should probably get PoH for the upgraded counters for the solo expansion. Is this the recommended path? Is it possible to still play the solo expansion with "outdated" counters of the first edition?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in the answer to this as well. I too have the first edition and was wondering if I picked up PoH if that would be enough of an upgrade to play the solitaire expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is it possible to still play the solo expansion with "outdated" counters of the first edition?

There were several threads on this topic already. I don't have time to search for them. If you look in the forum for the Solo game first, then the AtB forums you should find them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pisqueeter wrote:
Quote:
Is it possible to still play the solo expansion with "outdated" counters of the first edition?

There were several threads on this topic already. I don't have time to search for them. If you look in the forum for the Solo game first, then the AtB forums you should find them.

I've tried that and I did find an article or two but I guess I just was looking for something a little more clear on what I would need to minimally upgrade. Like I know there are some counters that have changed (which I found the file to print them) but there was also a mention of some additional counters that are not included in PoH that you would need in order to play the solo expansion. I'll keep searching... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I found most of my answers here

Even with PoH, looks like it's not quite compatible without the 2nd edition of AtB. At least not all missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread might help also:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1489104/can-i-use-awakening-...

If you are comfortable substituting like units as Gunter suggests in above like (and quoted below) and if you extend that to armor as well, then its possible.
Quote:

Substitute NKVDs with SMGs and Tank Hunters with Pioneers or Rifles if all Pioneers are in use.
Gunter
Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.