Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trouble started already in the first round. In the first round I did draw a sidequest card not allowed my to heal, and I draw a treachery card that turned the objective card into night. My plan was to do alot a questing that turn, and most of my guys was not ready to fight. Instead of putting progress tokens on the main quest, I did have to fight three enemies. I took some damage, mostly on my heroes.

The round after that it was day again. And I did so much questing as a could, and I got 9 progress tokens on 1B. Did choose a new location that needed 3 progress.

The next round, a night round, I did mostly fighting, but could put 3 progress on the location, and chose a new location. And I did kill all enemies. All that was left in the staging area was a location card.

That was good for the next round, where my plan was to put the rest of the progress on the main quest. I had a active location that needed 5 progress. I did quest with every guy that could quest, and made it.

Maybe I did some "overquesting", but I wanted to be on the safe side. But I didn't have many guys to defend and fight with. So I took a lot of damage, and the last shadow card did kill one of my heroes.

I contiuned to try to do questing during the day and also try to kill two enemies. And the at night try to beat a location and fight as many enemies as I could. And with the help of the questing from Gandalf, a card I had saved some mana for, I did also beat 2B.

Now try to fight Pack Leader, I did some questing try to get 5 progress on the main quest card. But no. The last card to be drawn was a Northern Warg, giving +1 threat to the three wargs. I did go minus. And had to raise my threat.

The round to follow I draw a new quest card, taking all cards from the players hands. And also draw a new enemy. Now had some enemies attacking. The "questing player" had all his allies killed.

But the round after that I could as much questing anyway, that I could put 6 progress tokens on 3B. And so, it was time for the last fight. The fight against the Pack Leader.

One of the players did only have 2 heroes, no allies, and the threat level at 49. He had 2 enemies engaged to him. And those killed his last heroes, so he was out.

The other player did defend against his enemies, with one ally killed. And one shadow card did take away all the attribute cards, meaning that two heroes did loose their +1 attack card.

But... had enough power anyway, 13, to kill the Pack Leader, that defends with 4 and had 8 hit points. A win in the last second. And nearly with the last power strike.

It was a very nice feeling, putting the Pack Leader into the Victory Display, now, by my fifth try (this being harder then the DL=6 saying), winning The Wastes of Eriador.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.