Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Balancing a scenario for more than 6 survivors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
All of the scenarios in the book says 6+ survivors, but how do I best balance the game if our group has four players that all want to control 2 survivors each?

Is there an "official" way of doing this? Or is two extra characters not that big of a deal balance wise?

I have all the content from the "Knight" pledge cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
I believe the rule book states that you just add another spawn point somewhere. One per extra 2 characters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
Hmm. I must have definetely overlooked that.
That seems a bit harsch though? most scenarios already start with 4 spawnpoints, adding one more means 5 which then means you lose the entire game if just 1 Necromancer gets through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 37, "Playing with 7+ Survivors".
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
I just opened the box to check for this, and it is even in the index and everything blush

Another spawn point right from the start still feel a bit intimidating, but here goes. Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xavierjackson wrote:
Hmm. I must have definetely overlooked that.
That seems a bit harsch though? most scenarios already start with 4 spawnpoints, adding one more means 5 which then means you lose the entire game if just 1 Necromancer gets through.

If that should happen too early in the game, just ignore the 'auto-lose'. From that point on, you'll have six permanent spawn points (plus any new necromancer spawn points), which means the game just gets tougher. It is OK to adjust any rule that interferes with having fun. Having fun is the only rule that shouldn't be adjusted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steen Pedersen
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No it will still require 2 Necromancers. The limit for losing is increased by one for each additional spawn token added at the start of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
Quote:
It is OK to adjust any rule that interferes with having fun. Having fun is the only rule that shouldn't be adjusted.

Completely agree. Thats the beauty of this game, is the sandbox element.
Perhaps I will ad some another Abomination to the mix instead, just to spice things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.