Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Is it allowed to use the Sort action at the end of the round you just placed the gaucho?

I know the rules state you can't place and activate an action in the same turn, but sort activates outside of your turn when Cattle are collected at the end of a round. So is this legal?

Also, the Steppes "Secret Cattle" action has <5 printed on the board, but the rules state to keep 2 tiles they must be value 4 or less, is this a missprint on the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperAbobo wrote:
Is it allowed to use the Sort action at the end of the round you just placed the gaucho?

I know the rules state you can't place and activate an action in the same turn, but sort activates outside of your turn when Cattle are collected at the end of a round. So is this legal?

In my interpretation of the rules this is allowed.
See also this thread: Sort action resolve
No official ruling though.

SuperAbobo wrote:
Also, the Steppes "Secret Cattle" action has <5 printed on the board, but the rules state to keep 2 tiles they must be value 4 or less, is this a missprint on the board?
No, no misprint, because "<5" means "less than 5" which is the same as "4 or less". whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They way I read the rules, the answer to you first question is yes, since you use it outside of your turn in the collecting phase.

The <5 is not a misprint. It does not mean 5 and lower, but I can understand your confusion. < means lower than so if two tiles are lower than 5 (so at most 4), you can take two.

Edit: somebody beat me to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.